Taeshaun Lyons

Viewing 10 reply threads

AlphaUte
      Ute Fan
      @connor1822

Taeshaun Lyons to Utah baby! Great get. Hope he pans out really well.

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Massive get… I hope he runs wild on secondaries next season. Really makes up for the Matthews loss.

Utecity
      Ute Fan
      @utecity

4 star recruit last year, huge pickup

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Fingers crossed for one more soon!! Great day to be a Ute!

jobjohnsen8
          Ute Fan
          @jobjohnsen8

Singer?

Zigziggler
          Ute Fan
          @zigziggler

Here’s hoping that the next get is Darrius Clemons out of Michigan. He is the perfect compliment and replacement for Vele. He is listed from Oregon, but he played at Pleasant Grove for a year before transferring up to Oregon.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

So, uh, how’s it going? Anything new?

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

OnlyU does this diminish our changes of getting Singer ? Also how close are we don’t think ?

SteelUte
      Ute Fan
      @steelute

6’1 170. Sounds thin. But I’m excited for this addition to the team! Keep them coming.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

2023 4* recruit who spent a year practicing with UW. Huge potential

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Ghost …. Singer ?

5 9

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

After getting a first hand glimpse of the Barnes led passing game, he decided he’d rather have a piece of that instead of the UW throw game? Maybe he decided that UW wouldn’t showcase his latent blocking talent?

All kidding aside, we’ve seen blue chip receivers disappear in the Utah offense. I’m good with stacking talent at the position but will temper my enthusiasm until I see the Utah scheme start featuring receivers.

stbone
        Ute Fan
        @stbone

Maybe he should go to a top passing offense like USC in 2023 or 2022, where their top receivers had 59 receptions for the year. With only 59 receptions on the year, I am sure Jordan Addison had no chance to get drafted. Lol.

This trope that Utah is receiver unfriendly is ridiculous and not true. We are not, and won’t be Washington State, but Vele had 43 receptions this past year (not too far off from Tahj Washingtons 59) and 55 in 2022 (not too far off from Jordan Addison’s 59). In 2022, Kincaid had 70 receptions, dwarfing the number of receptions by any USC receiver.

Over the past couple of years, if you are a good, reliable receiver at Utah, you will get targeted and put up good numbers. The problem is, over those years, many of our receivers do not play at an elite level, and don’t earn as many targets as they might hope.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Indeed, with separation will come targets. Rising will be happy to make it happen.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

if the QB waits until he sees separation, he gets sacked. essentially the same problem this board has blamed on Barnes.

Penix and Nix threw in anticipation of a receiver getting separation. Caleb Williams ran around until DB’s lost coverage

4 2

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

59 is closer to 70 than it is to 43 btw… so if kincaid dwarfs washington, then washington dwarfs Vele.
          your bias is showing

3 1

stbone
            Ute Fan
            @stbone

Not bias, but adjusted for circumstance, and I should have added that to my comment.

To clarify, Vele had 43 receptions with no quarterback. So, our offense is so receiver unfriendly that Vele got to about 75% of a top receiver’s production without a quarterback. My point is further bolstered by the fact that, as the #2 target, Vele had 55 receptions in 2022 when he had a quarterback. With Rising, Vele probably would have had a 70-80 reception season in 2023 which, based on his average per reception, would have put him right around 1000 yards. Basically, he would have had a Darren Carrington season.

The problem in our offense isn’t our #1 receiving target, the problem is that we are frequently lacking the depth/talent to having significant production from our #3-5 targets. But even that seems to be slowly improving with time.

DataUte
              Ute Fan
              @scotwaye

Yep, and we shouldn’t underestimate the ability of a good QB to ‘throw his receiver open’. The WR has to make adjustments, but good ones will. When the throw is late, defended, or behind the WR, it’s harder to catch even those that target them. Barnes was often late or threw only if he saw them open, not right before they came open.

1 4

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

Only 70-80? C’mon. A healthy Rising would have had 7 receivers with 100 catches each averaging 25 per. 5 running backs would have each gotten 1000 yards. The defense would never have given up a point.,,

I mean, if we are going to attribute never seen before success based on Rising coming back, why go short?

stbone
                Ute Fan
                @stbone

You don’t think Vele being the top target boosts his numbers? 70 receptions on the year is around 1.3 more receptions a game more than he had in 2022 as the number 2 target.

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

I guess hide your guns and weed. Ugh.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

This is a bad take in any case, but particularly so for Taeshaun Lyons.

I’m guessing you’re confusing him with Tejan Bridges who did have the incident (related to guns and weed) that led him to be kicked off the Oklahoma team. That said, if you can’t recognize the name of a player, maybe you’re not the best positioned to judge them

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

different dude

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Huh?

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Lyons spending a year at Washington is huge. Best receiver room in the nation. Penix gone. Coach may be leaving. A chance to contribute to another playoff team. Plenty of reasons to transfer.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Taeshaun Lyons