They sang their fight song during a Majerus tribute??

Viewing 3 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Selfish pricks.

5 6

BJA 13
      Ute Fan
      @bja13

I was there.   I don’t think they had any idea the presentation was happening.  Wasn’t intentional IMO….  Meh.   

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Understood. Still, screw ’em.

14 2

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

I disagree!   Everyone in the arena (who can hear and has any cognitive skills), heard the very clear announcement asking everyone to stay in their seats, for the halftime presentation honoring Rick Majerus for his recent induction into the hall of fame.  

There is no way the entire section JJ, and KK missed the announcement, and/or misunderstood

From the 14th row, near mid court, I heard virtually none of the first 3/4 of the presentation due to this intentional and disrespectful interruption.

I credit the win to an incensed Majerus, who witnessing that, (and the fact that a former Utah player is an assistant coach on the BYU staff), and started calling in favors from everyone in his inner circle, wherever he is.

They have no excuse for the way they responded to a hall of fame coach in our building.  Had the presentation been in their building for a presentation for Lavelle Edwards, I would have stood in respect.  Had it been in presentation for Roger Reed, I would had stood in honor of their respect.  Had it been for any of a number of BYU coaches in a similar circumstance, I would have under no circumstances, rained on their parade in their house.

There is a certain level of decorum that you extend to people simply because they are people.

The act was not at the end of the game in the heat of the competition, it was at the beginning of a quiet halftime, in which they were comfortably leading.  No emotional exuberance.

What they did, was intentional, disrespectful, and ridiculous.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah I don’t know how else you could make it clear. This is another one of those weird foibles of Tds where basic human dignity is ignored. They will say it is in good fun and innocently brush it off. Consequences should be exacted. Like never allowing the band in the Huntsman center again.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

^^this is correct.

Warrior Ute
          Ute Fan
          @warriorute

Perhaps the problem lies in your point “and has any cognitive skills.” 

Maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt that their lack of cognition is the problem not just complete disrespect and poor sportsmanship.

uteboi
          Ute Fan
          @uteboi

They started singing before the video started. Their song is egregiously long. I for one did not expect the video to start that early.

Them singing was certainly annoying but I think it was more poor timing than anything. I guess they could have technically stopped singing in unison.

Not a huge deal in my opinion. 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

No, they clearly understood, and they loved it.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I partially agree. I’m not sure it started out as intentional because we really didn’t waste any time starting up that tribute, but once they knew it was happening they could have stopped … and they didn’t.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo They sang their fight song during a Majerus tribute??