Tough to judge anything from this game

Viewing 9 reply threads
      3 5

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, I am more disappointed than pleased. I got a lot of thumbs down because I was disappointed with a few things last week, so I suspect I will get more thumbs down today.  However, I am not overly pleased. 

The defense was fine, I have no problems with their effort. 

We played great on offense as long as Moss was in the game. KW mentioned that we need more production out of our non Moss running backs. I think this is very true. 

I’m very unhappy with the double digit penalties we had today. 

I am happy for Thompson.  I hope today will be the beginning of a big change in his career. 

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Seems like it was more Huntley that was the difference maker than Moss to me.

FormerUteSax
        Ute Fan
        @formerutesax

I agree. I think Huntley was the difference. Wilmore and Brumfield both averaged over 5 yards per carry. And how about Thompson?

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

Moss was clutch in the first quarter. 

It seems like they then put more of it on Huntley.  I was glad to see him get some extra game practice outside of handing it to Moss. 

He also targeted some other receivers outside of his go to guys.  I think this will be a long term benefit for him and the receivers.  It was good to see Thompson get some good catches.

The penalties worry me.  I haven’t looked at it but I hope some are due to the seconds trying too hard or the line adjusting to a different cadence.

11 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

OMG. Did you just become a Utah Fan ? Whitt never runs up the score or embarrasses ANYBODY. It’s not his MO. We took Moss out with 8 minutes in the second and got a ton of experience backs run. Along with our offensive line that was banged up. The only frustrating possession of the whole game was not punching it in on the 1. That was embarrassing. Otherwise, it was a practice game that was over before it started and we came out rested and healthy. I assume the o line will be back next week.

2 3

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I understand that KW is not a RUTS guy. I’m not concerned about the score. But, our non Moss running backs did no break any big runs.  KW expressed his concern with the running backs post game.  So it’s an issue for him even if you are not concerned.  The penalties were sloppy.

As I said it is difficult to judge much after a game like this.

Bytheway, I have been a Ute fan for about 60 years.  Just because I see it differently than you, doesn’t make me wrong and you right or visa versa.  I saw a few issues that we need to resolve before next Friday, that’s all.

Kirk Kettner
          Ute Fan
          @cwatkins02

What about Wilmore’s 23 yard run? Is that not a big run?

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

KW said the backup RBs didn’t play up to his expectations, I guess he is wrong?

Kirk Kettner
              Ute Fan
              @cwatkins02

He said they didn’t play up to expectation….you said they didn’t break any big runs. Two different statements. Is a 23 yard run not breaking a big run???

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

“The defense was fine”

by by that standard does the defense need to allow negative points in order to get a “good” grade?

offense moved the ball at will, which is exactly what we needed them to do. 

Penalties es were frustrating though. 

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

ISU scored 38 against a crappy team in their last game.  Their receivers were supposed to be one of their strengths. Last game they had 385 pasding yards and 532 total.

Today they gained 80 yards in passing and 116 total.  I think we can say our defense was at least slightly above average.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I agree. Everyone is scheming for Moss. Moss is the focus on every Dcoordinators mind in the P12. This leaves room for Huntley to step up.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Most of the penalties looked like they were committed by the 2’s and 3’s.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I take it you were part of the crowd booing the team during the Oregon St game in 2008? This game was more solid than the Weber St game that year. Enjoy a win FFS

crazyute
      Ute Fan
      @crazyute

You’re a fan not a coach. Wow. Try to enjoy life a little. Quit being nitpicky.

We will lose a game this year no doubt. Most here know this as well. But I guarantee you will be that guy that comes in here first to say “I told you so”. Quit trying to be some guy smart guy and enjoy a win. Damn!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Older Ute fans have been waiting for the other shoe to drop for twenty years. I don’t expect that to change now.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I have had season tickets for more than 25 years. I also likely qualify as an older fan. Although I do not like too much preseason hype, this years team looks to be better than any we’ve had since we joined the conference. As long as we avoid catastrophic injuries I believe we will be competing for the Rose Bowl at a minimum. Go Utes!!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tough to judge anything from this game