Utah Transfers

Viewing 1 reply thread

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

I saw that Brewer’s name finally went into the portal so I went over to see what his rating was. While there I saw that Devin Brumfield has put his name back in. Got me wondering how he and Wilmore had done so far this year at their new schools.

Brumfield played in 3 games, had 14 carries for 97 yards (6.9)
      Wilmore has played in 2 games with 10 carries for 59 yards (5.9) and 2 catches for 15 yards, one rushing TD

I’m all for kids having the same mobility as coaches do but I can’t help but think that either Brumfield or Wilmore would have gotten more reps had they stayed. I transferred myself back in the stone ages so I’m not knocking their decision, and I certainly would have liked to see them tear it up at their new schools. I’m just wondering if we will start to see less kids chase playing time and stick with their original choices as only the top players seem to benefit right now?

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Man, goes to show there’a a lot more to it then moving over to a new team and thinking you’re going to step right in. The coaches are figuring out as well how important system knowledge, family and culture of the team factor in. Utah does an excellent job of giving these kids important life skills outside of football and making them feel they are part of something bigger in life.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Transfers