Love that free throw shooting %

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Impresionante!  Asombroso!!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Seems like a tweener to me: Not a pure PG (averages less than 1 assist per game) but too small to be a SG.

That said, his shooting is badly needed. 89% FT and 45% from 3? Eye popping numbers.

1 3

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

There are a lot of 6 ft 1 dudes out there that can shoot 45% from three, and 90% from the free throw line. This kid supposedly is reasonably athletic, but he played against community college competition. I sincerely doubt he will become anything more than another jake connor type kid that rarely if ever plays in a game… but he is from a foreign country, so the fact that he went to a community college first may have nothing to do with ability.

We shall see. At the very worst, he’s at least an excellent free throw shooter.

3 1

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I dunno. I think we need anyone with a pulse at this point.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I’m not claiming he doesn’t belong, but really? Anyone with a pulse? Why are people so down on the program? We have a really strong class coming in and nobody that was key to our future success has transferred out. The team will be better this year than last.

whitlessham
            Ute Fan
            @whitelssham

Why are people so down on the program?

It’s the utehump echo chamber. It’s the same mob that polishes the knob of kwhit. Khitt has had a handful of transfers this spring ( even his nephew) not a peep of dissatisfaction or concern…both programs have bascially the same w/l percentage. 

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Hi, Pace.

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

I was wondering where he went, I guess he just got a new SN

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

and now I have that one blocked too

1 4

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

wow… such a creative screen name… You do understand that there is a difference between 4 or 5 guys leaving from a team of 12-15 players, and 4 or 5 guys leaving from a team of more than double that, right?

Players leaving because they aren’t able to beat out other players is not a bad thing. That is a sign that our depth is improving. Starters transferring to other schools does not speak well of a program (johnson, Daniels).

I’m not one to gripe about our basketball program. I think we are still trending in the right direction. We had a great class last year that came in and contributed right away (with the exceptions of Charles Jones Jr.). We have another really great class coming in this year. Guys that are as tall as Van Komen are a pretty safe bet to contribute at least defensively, which is all we were getting from Jayce Johnson, so him leaving is no big deal.

4 1

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Last I checked Puerto Rico was part of the United States of America.

2 3

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

trump would disagree. 

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

I guess it is, but it’s still it’s own countryish thing also

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utes add JUCO sharpshooter for 2019