We lost a game the other day, to Oregon

Viewing 2 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Didn’t watch it. Few things I noticed from this box score as well as the last few. Gach has predictably come back to earth as of late in terms of offensive production (though he hasn’t shot horrificly bad, he’s just not taking as many shots for some reason).

Jenkins is a very up and down scorer as well, he did not start against Oregon, and looks like he only took one shot. Not sure what the heck is going on there.

On the flip side, Rollie Worster played for a team high 33 minutes, and put up a third of the team’s 15 turnovers. Is he going to just be a larger version of Jones? relied on way too much by the coach, and not athletic enough?

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

There’s really three things you need to know about our basketball team:

– They don’t shoot well.
      – They don’t rebound well.
      – They don’t defend well on the road. They do defend well at home.

That last one tends to be the difference between winning and losing. And hence why we’re decent at home and ass on the road.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Yeah, and dusan going down is a big reason for two of those things.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

Indeed losing Mahorcic was untimely and losing his size and rebounding really hurt us.  Hope to see him back soon.

Our team has played significantly better in Salt Lake and hopefully will fare well against the visiting Huskies and Cougars (assuming the games happen, the Wash-Wazzou game last week was postponed).

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Remember that time you came onto Utehub, ripped the mens basketball team, and singled out Both Gach? Yeah, I remember that. Gach was 2-3 from deep against Oregon and played 17 minutes. Why are you singling him out when you admittedly didn’t even watch the game?

The reason Utah lost is because they allowed Oregon to shoot 53% from deep on 19 attempts, 10-19, as well as 56% overall FG average. Everything else was pretty much even as far as rebounds, foul attempts, and turnovers, etc.

1 5

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

LOL, still on this kick are we? I didn’t claim to know why Utah lost that game did I? My claims about Gach were essentially based around the verifiable fact that he is inconsistent. His numbers this year prove that so far. He hasn’t missed 100 threes in a row this year, but he’s still inconsistent in his output… as are several guys on this team. Jenkins also seems to be oddly inconsistent in his production. This team, just like virtually every team since Jakob left, is missing a player who can go and get a bucket when a bucket is needed and nothing else is going right. This team is full of a bunch of role players. If Carlson continues to improve he might become that sort of player, but with his frame that is a stretch IMO.

dwainegf
          Ute Fan
          @dwainegf

It’s all in the presentation. Why single any player out at all? Was Gach supposed to come in a lead us to the promised land? Jenkins? Was Worster supposed to be the next Delon Wright? Was the coach supposed to turn the program around in his first year? Maybe a bit of patience is in order. I go to all the home games. These kids give great effort and have showed no sign of quitting. The coach is supportive and enthusiastic. I am optimistic about this team and its future.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) We lost a game the other day, to Oregon