What Front Page Content Would You Like to See?

Viewing 12 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I put together a basic front page to be able to get the site to a live state. When the dust settles a bit I plan to improve/change the content of the home page.

What would you like to see there?

I’m thinking upcoming football/basketball schedules, threads of new or popular posts, and of course the standard navigation and such.

Comments please.

Summit Ute
      Ute Fan
      @summitute

Next game and time…possibly remainder of the schedule also updated with times as we know them. Maybe links to the Utah Utes sections of the Dnews and SLtrib. Links to the University Football and other miscellaneous U of U related social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter).

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

This is a great idea. If this is gonna be a “hub” then you need spokes.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

It would be fun to have a prediction contest. Not with prizes or anything. Just for fun. Maybe even a weekly prediction contest for all the PAC games with the final score on the Utes game as a tiebreaker.

I don’t know how hard that is to set up though. I’m sure your hands are full as it is.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

This^ @tacomaute

I think its a fun, entertaining feature.

Also, the scores of other pac-12 games would be cool.

GadValleyUte
        Ute Fan
        @maximumkungfu

a PAC12 + 1 or 2 featured games/week pick’em contest would be awesome.

3UteDad
      @3utedad

Links to news stories about upcoming games both from local sources and sources in the opponent’s city.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

The irony to that would be that we’d usually get more favorable coverage from the opponent city’s media.

3UteDad
      @3utedad

I’ve seen this on other websites, not sure if you can do this, but a running twitter feed from official Utah twitter accounts like @utah_football and @utahathletics would be cool.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

I really like the twitter idea. Especially since it is a great source of information.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I just setup a Ute Hub twitter. I could create a list I believe, and include a few twitter accounts and put that stream here on the front page.

The new twitter is @Ute_Hub or http://www.twitter.com/Ute_Hub

New facebook also @utehubdotcom

3UteDad
        @3utedad

I think that might work nicely. Keep it to quality and recognized twitter accounts and I think you’ll have something worthwhile. I like the ideas that are coming for your front page. I think a great value you can provide is being an aggregator for links to many Ute content providers and making UteHub not just a landing point, but a launching point for Utah fans.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by 3UteDad.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

You may have already noticed that twitter feed is around here now. Still working out sidepanels and placements and stuff.

BioUte
        Ute Fan
        @bioute

It’s looking great. It’s looking clean with the twitter on the right and the sign up notice at the bottom now on the frontpage.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Thanks BioUte. It’s kind of like playing Tetris.

UtahUteGuy
            Ute Fan
            @utahuteguy

Oh yes, and a Tetris game on the front page!

GiantUte
      Ute Fan
      @giantute

How about links to NATIONAL media. I always enjoy getting a national perspective on the Utes as opposed to just the same old Trib and DNews.

jrj84105
      Ute Fan
      @jrj84105

I’m pretty sure this is impossible, or I would have seen it:
      Live score tracker for PAC12 games. I would never leave a message board if it had an integrated score tracker.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Maybe something like a Student Athlete of the Week section. Kind of like a Get to Know You type thing so we have a better idea of our student athletes and the sports they play. Bios could even be lifted right from Utah’s athletic website.

We will rock U
      Ute Fan
      @wewillrocku

Links to current PaC-12 standings, rankings, pAC -12 media (not the local hacks), schedule for PAC games. Love seeing the Twitter feeds. Looks great so far.

NYUte
      Ute Fan
      @nyute

The twitter feed looks great and the next game section at the bottom looks sharp. As the person above said, it would be nice to at least have the PAC 12 south standings on the front page, especially as we get into PAC 12 play.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site Comments and Suggestions What Front Page Content Would You Like to See?