What’s with the beard thing with Covey and the team?

Viewing 5 reply threads

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

?

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

It’s fun?

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

I thought it was because they call him grandpa.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

He is old as hell for a college player. 

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Everyone makes that crack at covey, but there’s multiple dudes on the team older than him. Tyrone Young-Smith, Devin Kaufusi, Hauati Pututau, etc. Hell — pretty sure Jordan Noyes is 29.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

There are a couple older players. It’s just that Covey has been in the program since 2015…

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Somebody brought it I believe after game 8 or 9. So he started wearing regularly for post game rallies. A mockery for him being “old” or “grandpa”. If you noticed if it wasn’t the last game, maybe the game before, everyone wore the beards to be inclusive. Such team unity I’ve never seen before. Amazing 🤩

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I’m not sure inclusivity was the goal. I think it was just a gag for the cameras because the Pac-12 network did a story before the game about Covey’s postgame “antics.”

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Considering BC going on a mission, injury, and the Covid weirdness, he’s about where he should be. Even if Covey plays at Utah next year he has a great chance at playing in the NFL. The position he would play in the NFL is similar to Wes Welker who played until he was 38 years old. Covey could find a niche position returnging kicks, punts, and slot WR all not every down positions. If he wants to do it he will make a NFL roster, no question.

Truth is, without BC’s leadership I am not sure Utah is where they are right not as a team. Understood a lot were involved getting this team through the unbelievable tragedy. I really do think the players like Rising, Ford, Lloyd, Covey, and others played a big role in getting KW and the coaches through it as well.

On and off the field the kid is way beyond his years at represents all the charactericis of an amazing human being. I hope he comes back for one more year. Really is up to him if he wants to. Most of us would say do it. He has his entire life to work and sounds like he wants to keep playing football. If BC stays at Utah it’s like having another top level coach on the team. Kids been fun to watch and his high character leadership is invaluable. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What’s with the beard thing with Covey and the team?