Up Next in FB:
Southern Utah at  Utah
Big 12 Now / ESPN+

Who has been the best player to transfer from Utah?

Welcome Big12 Fans and Foes Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who has been the best player to transfer from Utah?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      ColumbiaUte
      Participant

Statistically speaking, who is the best player who left? A lot of players have left the program, but it seems like many have not flourished or gone to a better program. If it’s JJ, we have to consider ourselves lucky that we have benefited from the transfer portal.

UtesRule
      Participant

Never mind

I mis-read your question.

Maybe the receiver who transferred to USU a couple of years ago and had a 1,000 yard season for them (Siaosi Mariner, I think…he actually may have changed his name after transferring, if my memory is correct).

Jake
        Participant

Mariner/Wilson couldn’t catch a cold and literally lost us a pac championship because of it.

UteNamedOg
      Participant

TP is still relatively young. I remember it would’ve been nice to have kept Steve Tu’ikolovatu though.

UtesRule
      Participant

Mikey Matthews

Extra Medium
      Participant

Some to watch for
      Mikey matthews
      JJ
      Nate Johnson

Didn’t we have a senior lineman transfer to usc and go pro a few years ago?

Central Coast Ute
      Participant

Jason Shelley did really well at his FCS school. He transferred to USU first and did not last his first season there. Then went to the FCS and tore it up.

utefansince79
      Participant

Maween (sp?), Center, came out of Granger High, played at Night with the Running Utes then was red-shirted. Transferred to Kansas State where he played a significant role. (edit) Oh wait, I guess we were talking FB not hoops.

concerned
      Participant

the lb/safety to Wisconsin? Fotu?

the player who transferred to Colo State? A TE? cant remember who. Hope I am not hinking of the BYU player by mistake. Now that I think about it, the U player was a db.

Rick Walker
        Participant

I think you’re taking about Kamo’i Latu who was a safety who went on to become the starter at Wisconsin.

As for the TE, are you talking about Dallin Holker? He was a BYU guy who transferred to Colo St. last season

concerned
          Participant

you are right. Latu not Fotu. There was a defenseive back who transferred to CSU but stayed loyal in his tweets. Why I started thinking about Holker I dont know.

Ute Dub
      Participant

Harvey Langi and the DT who went to USC. Both flourished and went to the NFL.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.