Why Alex Jensen?

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We may not be able to get him because he may want to be an NBA guy.  But here are my reasons for wanting him.

– He was coached by one of the best basketball minds ever and he was an assistant to RM too.

– He is a baller.  He put everything he had into the game.

– He knows the local culture and this may help him with local recruiting.

– He wouldn’t likely use this as a stepping stone.

– He has NBA experience which can be attractive to recruits.

If we paid him 75% of what Larry was making – it would likely be a big raise for him.  I have no clue if he would be interested, but he is my first choice.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Elite developer of talent at NBA level is critical for a program that doesn’t (now and future) get elite talent thru recruiting.

Whit and his coaching staff have made us a top 25 football program with limitations by doing this one thing better (data supported) than everyone else. This is what Alex Jensen brings to the table.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Nah .. need him to stay with the jazz

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Why? They’re just fine the way they are. Successful teams often lose assistants because they become in demand for head coaching positions. I just want the best coach Utah can find. Whoever that is.

3 3

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

ALEX JENSEN IS NOT GOING TO BE THE NEXT COACH OF UTAH BASKETBALL.

He wants nothing to do with college basketball.

He wants to be an NBA Coach and he views college basketball as taking a career step backwards even at Utah.

Move on it’s not going to happen.

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

How do you know this?

1 1

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

People close to him have said as much. He would never say it publicly himself for PR reasons but Alex is very very very well respected in NBA circles and will be a head coach within a few years as long as the Jazz keep having success.

Believe me I would love to have him and I would hope Harlan would at least call him but barring a miracle Alex isn’t walking through the door as Utah’s next HC

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Quite possible – he’s got a great situation he’s building for himself in the NBA. That said, he’s a guy we have to at least try to get. No harm if he doesn’t engage, but worth a shot

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

I don’t know who your sources are but mine are opposite yours. Alex would welcome the opportunity to coach the U. I believe he will quietly apply for the position.

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

I will be THRILLED if this happens. 🙂

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

Very possible he isn’t interested in college and may get an nba head coaching position soon, but that is not guaranteed. Then if it does happen, it will likely be with an awful nba team, which could turn into a short stint for him. Sure he would bank a lot of guaranteed money in a short amount of time, but over the long haul he might have more earning potential coaching the Utes. However, I don’t know the guy, and maybe he doesn’t want to deal with recruiting, who knows. Either way, Harlan should at least find out. No harm in trying.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Very much so. I don’t know if recruits know much about big Rick, but Alex being his protege should have some weight if they do.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.