Why will next years qb be a transfer?

Viewing 7 reply threads

v2ways
      Ute Fan
      @v2ways

I hear a lot that next year our quarterback will likely be a transfer. Why is this the case?

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

I have no idea, I don’t get it. Seems like great timing for Nat Johnson to take over for the next 2-4 years.

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

I’d much rather have NJ develop more than a transfer. I think he has a high ceiling with his speed

fosternano
          Ute Fan
          @fosternano

Agreed, go to a 15-20 time throw system with 2-3 backs with NJ in there. Utah running 200+ yards per game with all the schemes they could use.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Put your seat belts on as the transfer portal and NIL demoltion derby fires up. The offseason coaching beauty pageant is now takng a back seat to the NIL and TP. Next couple months could be interesting times for Utah football. 

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Probably people parroting Bill Reilly. That’s what he said earlier in the year.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

The reason why is that there are going to be 5 and 4-star QBs up for grabs in the portal. The majority of these guys are QBs who’ve gone into blue-chip programs and things just haven’t worked out for them. Remember that only one QB can ever play at one time. So, if you’re a QB at Ohio State, Georgia, Alabama, Clemson, etc…and all of your QB competitors are 4 and 5-star recruits, are you willing to stay there, with the chance that you’ll never play, or got to Utah, who’s a good, established team in a P5 conference and will set you up for the future?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Depends on what we got with Nate Johnson. The skill players need more of an upgrade than QB imo. Utah needs a tight end, wideouts that actually catch with their hands. Most of our guys need to secure it with their body before they can even move up field.

I also think Rising is taking this into account. Kuithe and Kincaid are gone. Who the hell you going to throw to? As much as he took a step back this season next year could be rough. Portal could change a lot of that quick.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Simple: Because you will take a proven QB with experience over a promising QB with none. The known entity is less risky than the unknown one.

Imagine what 2021 would have been if we hadn’t gone to the portal for an experienced QB (Rising) and instead we were going with promising freshman Jack Tuttle…

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Except that Rising was not an experienced QB at Texas. He was one of those 4 and 5-star prospects that was stuck in a QB room where everybody is a 4 or 5-star prospect. If you look at his college stats, Rising never even took a snap or threw a pass at Texas, and that’s the only reason he ended up at Utah. There’s a good chance that the Utes would try to get a guy like Penix in UW but there’s also the opportunity to get a 4 or 5-star QB that they would never have a chance of getting coming out of high school.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

I hope not. Reward the kids who put time into the program. Unfortunately I don’t think this will be the case and I see a few of our QBs taking off this off season.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why will next years qb be a transfer?