#justaregularteamrecruiting

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

After the Jayden Daniels debacle I’m not holding my breath

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Hold your breath anyways I heard it is a trip. 

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Also Rising should make you forget about Daniels and Tuttle. 

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

That would be huge.  This class would go from “pretty good” to “amazing.”

User Suspended
        @a2ute

LOL

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Dude, Utah is not a blue blood program and is never going to recruit like one. This seems to be something you are incapable of grasping.

User Suspended
            @a2ute

I just was taken aback that “amazing” would describe a 57th ranked class.

UteFanatic
              Ute Fan
              @utefanatic

Does that ranking factor in highly rated transfers such as Rising and Bowen?  How does the average star rating compare to previous classes? Maybe amazing wasn’t the best adjective, but if Wilmore commits this will be a very good class.  

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

In today’s college football, transfers are a real thing. They won’t be counted towards the final recruiting ranking however. Had they counted Bowen and and Rising it would look better. Not only that, but Utah has three really good returned missionaries that won’t be counted in the rankings either.

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

His crystal ball just changed from 78% ASU 0% Utes to 40% ASU 40% Utes

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

All the rivals dudes just flipped him from ASU to Utah within the last few hours.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

Several on 247sports did also, last night as st was at 78%, now it’s showing 40/40.  With 20 to usc

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Biggest loser this weekend feels like USC as far as negative recruiting goes there is a lot against them. Yes you can talk about MOREmans recruiting against Utah. Or the weirdness of liquor laws. You can talk about a lot of stuff out of your control. USC can’t even control it’s coaching situation. 

1 1

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Liquor laws aren’t a big deal IMO.  Most of these kids can’t drink legally when they arrive anyways. Plus, even if they could, there are probably team rules regarding drinking when football is in session. Just a guess.

Also, if alcohol laws are the reason they don’t come to Utah, then I’d rather not have them on the team.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

This has just all been quoted as the hurdles and negative recruiting allegedly Utah battles. I am not approving them just saying it is silly to worry about things out of your control. Utah does well it controlling what it can like doubt in your head coach just waiting until his buyout is cheaper and losing his replacement. 

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

USC is an absolute mess, they’ve lost so many guys they would have got if they had a competent staff.  Swann and Helton should have been gone already, hopefully the new president will keep them around.

Utesbyfive
              Ute Fan
              @utesbyfive

I hate to say it, but USC being good, is good for the conference. I know it hurts our chances, but we need them to be good.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

True statement but until the conference dumps Larry Scott and moves the headquarters from San Fran screw the conference. It isn’t like anyone is watching the conference play at 12 am eastern. How many ranked games were on at that hour?  It is just a stupid model. Also the gap is about to widen even further in tv money. 

FountainofUte
                Ute Fan
                @fountainofute

I don’t buy into this. Things change.

Utesbyfive
                  Ute Fan
                  @utesbyfive

It’s the blue chip name we need. We need their fanbase, and their blue chip reputation. When they are awesome, the conference is seen as awesome. That’s the facts Jack.

1 1

chinngiskhaan
                Ute Fan
                @chinngiskhaan

nope… USC does not need to be good. USC being good means we lose recruits. I don’t care how good the conference is. It means nothing if we don’t win. When we’ve had multiple 1 loss seasons and still haven’t gone to the playoff I will agree with you. Until then, you are just flat out wrong. We need conference championships. I don’t care how bad USC is, if we get conference championships, and they don’t, we get recruits that they would otherwise get.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

has pat robertson ever been wrong about a player?

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Arizona St strikes again.  Juarez visited last weekend and was projected to sign with us.  He got a late offer to Az St after he visited us and just committed.

https://247sports.com/player/elijah-juarez-46080767/

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

I’m looking forward to the AZ St game more than any right now 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

And now Fowler just took a PWO from Washington over scholarships from us and UCLA.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

This one likely means that his offer to Utah (And likely UCLA) was contingent on having space. Maybe the scholarship that Wilmore wasn’t going to be taking a week ago but will be today…

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wilmore to Utah according to 700