Wilner ranks the Utes 6th in the AP poll

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I believe the AP poll comes out officially on Wednesday.  Wilner is guzzling the kool-aid.  He has us rated higher than  Ohio State.

Interesting.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I first saw that tweet and had to look a few times. I was looking for the Utes in the teens and couldn’t find them. My initial thought was he left them off, then I saw them at #6. I hope he’s right.

whitlessham
      Ute Fan
      @whitelssham

Image result for knee slapper gif

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

I dont think Ohio State is gonna be that great. Fields is getting mad hype and he hasnt even played a snap. The new coach is unpredictable. Im not buying the buckeyes hype this year. They will probably be fine since the Big 10 is weaker than than usual this season tho

whitlessham
        Ute Fan
        @whitelssham

So let me get this straight  in a head to head / nutural site. You’d take Utah over tOSU?  Just want to get this on record…

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

Lol at calling TDS soft.

6. Utah: Our pick to win the Pac-12 based on sound quarterback play (Tyler Huntley) and overpowering lines. The soft non-conference schedule (BYU, Northern Illinois and Idaho State) and cross-division misses (no Oregon or Stanford) provide the framework for 10+ wins.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Wilner has always been wonky on his AP ballots. It’s one of the things that drives me nuts about him.

As a fan, I can certainly enjoy his vote of confidence. As a neutral observer, however, I think Utah has a lot to prove before anyone can claim we’re in the Top 10.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Well, he analyzes (over-analyzes really) his picks really carefully…

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I kind of like that he doesn’t follow the crowd.  Its as if voters are afraid to deviate too much from common opinion, yet especially in the early weeks who REALLY knows the order of the Top-25??

That said, I am not sure that when Wilner goes out on a limb that he is right more than wrong.

2 1

whitlessham
          Ute Fan
          @whitelssham

All I can say is unless Utahs offense is somthing we’ve not seen since Urban – there is no way in hell Utah is the 6th best team in the US of A.

leftyjace
          Ute Fan
          @leftyjace

It’s easy to like that he doesn’t follow the crowd when it goes in Utah’s favor.

If he were doing so saying that we sucked, we’d be cussing up a storm about him. In fact, I remember times we HAVE cussed up a storm about him – maybe he’s making up for previous lack of respect? 🙂

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wilner ranks the Utes 6th in the AP poll