@utesrule

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Ok

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Geez Louise. It’s great for the young man who we JUST signed and great for the pprogram. Now go and try (I know it’ll be difficult for you) to enjoy the beautiful weekend and not be a curmudgeon.

1 9

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

LOL… It was a two letter response. Last time I checked “ok” is a pretty emotionless/neutral term. No need to get worked up over a two letter word. Historically, being involved with the elite 11 hasn’t been a good indicator of success for Ute QBs.

Things I did not say in this post or anywhere else: Wilson is bad, Wilson is overrated, Elite 11 is a bad thing, Elite 11 is an indicator that he won’t perform well, I’m upset/not happy about him being an elite 11 guy.

I’m having a great weekend, don’t know why typing “ok” would give you the impression that I wasn’t happy.

If you are the one who is imputing negativity on such a simple word, how does that make me the curmudgeon?

UrbanLiar
            Ute Fan
            @urbanliar

Ok

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

“Hey everybody, look at me, look at me!! Prove me wrong, prove me wrong!!”

3 13

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Tuttle and Costelli were also Elite 11.

6 5

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

So he is going to suck and transfer.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Travis Wilson was Elite 11. 

1 8

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Is that good or bad? I honestly don’t know what you are trying to say by pointing out that Travis was Elite 11.

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

My “so he sucks and is going to transfer” content was total sarcasm due to the responses I got about posting the article about Wilson being named an Elite 11 finalist. Touchy touchy on this board lately.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I think there is more than a 50% chance he will transfer. No clue if he sucks. 

I often feel like Utah doesn’t develop qb’s enough. Rising though even though he was a Longhorn for a year is really a Utah man. So logically it just doesn’t make much sense. 

Also I am still not counting Nate Johnson out. 

3 13

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

My thoughts exactly. Doesn’t mean anything. Wasn’t Nate as well? Elite 11 stopped being a good indicator of QB talent years ago. It honestly seems like a paid for accolade.

11 1

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

This from a guy who’s never played a down.

But you’re never wrong, are you?

2 6

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

I have never insulted anyone on this board, but if belittling me makes you feel better about yourself go ahead I guess.

If ad hominem, logically fallacious arguments are your thing then you do you.

If you disagree with my opinion go ahead and explain why. I Don’t think this particular opinion is all that controversial. The kids that get picked are probably the ones that pay to go to a bunch of camps. I could be wrong, that’s just the sense I get.

I’m not dogging Wilson, I have no bone to pick with him or his family. Glad to have him.

Who said I was never wrong? I certainly made no such assertion, and I’ve admitted I was wrong several times on this board.

One quick edit to add something: I didn’t downvote your post. I don’t downvote, it means nothing to me. Just felt the need to point that out for some reason.

5 6

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

After doing a bit of research it seems that it is definitely not (at least one thte surface) a pay to play kind of accolade. It only costs $50 to participate in the regionals, and I’m not sure if the rest is free if you advance, but it’s safe to assume it’s not pricey. Of course you have to travel, and you have to be considered a high level prospect to be able to register, and that costs money, but so does everything else.

While it isn’t a a paid for accolade, it isn’t a great predictor of success. About 1/3 of Elite 11 finalists have made the league (including practice squad), 1/3 have become college starters, and 1/3 have been college busts (this is from an article on 247 if you want to look it up).

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

why don’t explain rather than say “ok” condescending weirdy. you are constantly poking. you’re annoying. sorry bro

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Tuttle and Costeli did not stay at the U long enough to show what they had or didn’t have.  That’s on them.  Maybe they were both overrated.  I don’t know.  But, I still believe it is a good thing for Isaac Wilson.  I hope he becomes a great Ute QB.  Many top QB recruits fail in college including 5-star guys.  I hope Isaac will not be one of them.

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Costelli wasn’t an elite 11 finalist. Just attended a regional camp.

Tuttle, Nate Johnson, Travis Wilson, Troy Williams, Kendal Thompson, Cooper Bateman, and Tommy Grady were all elite 11 finalists.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I don’t believe I said anything about Costelli or Tuttle being finalists. Nate Johnson was listed in the article and I added two names that I knew had been involved but weren’t listed without analysis.

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

You said “Tuttle and Costelli were also Elite 11”  which isnt true. Going to an elite 11 camp doesn’t make a qb Elite 11. There are 20 or so finalists per year then 11 qbs named “Elite 11”. Tuttle was Elite 11. Costelli was not. 100s of qbs go to these camps every year. 

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

Classic example of moving the goalpoasts and then posting inaccurate information. Of your list above: Nate Johnson, Travis Wilson, Troy Williams and Cooper Bateman were not finalists per the link.

Edit: per the Elite 11 website Travis Wilson is listed as a finalist but not among the 2011 QB’s. Troy Williams and Cooper Bateman were also listed as finalists but not among the 2012 QB’s. This stops at 2018 so I can’t check Nate Johnson. I’ll gladly take the hit for believing wikipedia

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

Wow tough crowd. Glad we have a talented commit that has some national recognition!

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree with you.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

IW is participating in the Elite 11, which doesn’t mean squat & is an indicator he’s not going to turn out to be good player & will most likely end up transferring.

Did I understand this accurately?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I sense some anti-Zach-Wilson sentiment among some Utah fans (not just on this board).  Add to that – we got burned by Tuttle and Castelli and the Elite-11 must be a bad thing.

As for me – congrats Isaac!!!  It’s a nice honor.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

The process is good for development. Pressure to perform under a spot light. Opportunity to measure related to other very good QBs. Not a guarantee but a positive step in development. I hope every Utah player develops as far as possible every year.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Hmmm let me drain out the Zach Wilson part…

Our 4 star commit is an elite 11 finalist. That’s awesome!

Go University of Utah Fighting Eyeores.

Johnny Diego
      Ute Fan
      @johnnyschaef

I think it is noteworthy that Utah has finally signed an elite qb from within Utah. He’s staying home and not going to USC, Alabama, Ohio State, Stanford, BYU. etc.

Good luck Isaac at Utah!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wilson Elite 11 Finalist