Whitt to Texas?

Viewing 18 reply threads

The Lone Wolf
      Ute Fan
      @thelonewolf

If Utah gets to 10 or 11 wins and plays in a NY6 bowl, does a big program like Texas make a run at Kyle? Whitt’s troubles with Chris Hill last year were well documented, and I can’t help but think that if Whitt got a 4 or 5 million dollar offer from Texas he might jump this year. What do you think?

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

No.

Hockeybeard
      Ute Fan
      @hockeybeard

It would be the biggest blunder of Chris Hill’s career if he let a simple thing like money keep a lifer like Coach Whitt from staying at Utah and retiring a legend here. Plain and simple.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

Not going to happen. Utah is now a P5 school.I would think moving to TX would be more of a lateral move as compared to the pre P12 days. Besides, KWhitt’s mother still lives in Provo, and I do not see him leaving the state for a job like Texas.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

Condolences to Whit’s mom. She needs to move 43 miles north.

The Lone Wolf
        Ute Fan
        @thelonewolf

Texas is a lateral move? Hmm…

Red Don
          Ute Fan
          @reddon

What’s so great about it anymore? A crappy conference, rabid fan base with delusional expectations and a pressure meter that’s redlining. No thanks.

Utemachine
        Ute Fan
        @utemachine

Let’s not get delusional. Texas is one of the biggest jobs in college football wielding serious power. They all but called the shots in the power 5 wrangling with their TV leverage. We are not lateral to them, not even close.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I have to wonder if KW would look at a job like Texas or Nebraska, their coaching carousel over the past 10 seasons, all while he’s been at Utah and wonder if even though he may only make half as much he’ll last three to four times as long at Utah. At least that’s what I’d be thinking.

At Texas and Nebraska, you deliver an undefeated season or NC or you get the walking papers. I think taking the short term approach only works with a coach like Urban Meyer or possibly Nick Saban.

Anywhere else you’ve got to let a coach build his system.

I could see KW leaving for the NFL before I could see him leaving for Texas or Nebraska.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

No way he even considers Texas….Texas is a nightmare place to coach not only because of their present situation but all the nonsense you have to manage on the side. He may leave but it won’t be to Texas. I think Coach makes another run at Hill for assistants compensation and if he gets push back again that may be the genesis of his exit. I don’t think another million or so is that important to Coach…he loves Utah and would love to stay here but assistants pay is a big deal for him

Stradlater
      Ute Fan
      @stradlater

A special year could cost the U some money. I wonder if Chris Hill is rooting for Cal at this point? I keed. I keed.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Place like Texas would probably go for a bigger name. Like Saban or Kelly

Damage U
      Ute Fan
      @damageu

Texas is a hell hole for a guy like Kyle. The butt kissing he’d have to do with boosters alone would be enough to make his stomach turn.
      By the way, and I say this with love in my heart, you suck for even bringing that up.😁

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GadValleyUte
      Ute Fan
      @maximumkungfu

If/when people come Whitt will leverage it for more for himself and/or assistants. A negotiation will ensue it will be icy but professional. The media will blow it out of proportion and fans will go nuts. Once everything is at maximal frenzy a simple press release will outline the new deal followed by a formal press conference a few days later. Everyone wins: Kwhitt takes care of his people, Hill gets his coach, Utes dominate the news cycle out of season, fans get drama. If this happens you will see a simultaneous noise out of Utah county in a feeble attempt to draw attention to themselves. Book it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Seen people on USC message boards speculating on Whitt going to USC. Not going to happen because Whitt could not ride his bike to work while wearing red in South Central.

Prestonmadera
      Ute Fan
      @prestonmadera

I think the only job whit would leave for would be in either the AFC or NFC, if you know what I mean.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Whitt would certainly be Tier 2 for Texas. Texas is going 100% after Nick Saban and if they can’t get him then I bet they go after Chip Kelly. If those two fall through, then anything can happen.

AltaUte
      @altaute

I don’t know why Texas wouldn’t go after Gary Patterson. That seems like the best hire Texas could make… but I’m not sure Gary would want to make that move either. Texas comes with a lot of baggage.

Astute Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tstruct

I’m saying Chip Kelly…or wait for it, wait fooooor it. Pete Carroll.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

let’s not embarrass ourselves by thinking we are parallel to Texas.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

You’re missing the message if you think thats what people are saying.

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

What we really should be talking about is why they would fire him after two years. The guy inherited a program on the rocks and cut to the bone to clean it up and build it right. Charlie Strong needs another two years and then Texas fans can start calling for his head.

palos_verdes_ute
      Ute Fan
      @palos-verdes-ute

Charlie Strong won’t get fired after this season. If anything, he might try and get out himself before the inevitable happens (but then that forfeits his lucrative out clause). The word is that the booster are still behind him.

He did have top 10 recruiting class.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

There is the very real possibility they won’t win more than 2 games this year & If that happens I won’t be shocked if they fire him.

Form my understanding there were a lot of influential boosters that didn’t think he should have been the hire to begin with.

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

For the record, I was only saying Utah and Texas are similar in that both schools are part of conferences that are aligned in the P5 and have access to the playoffs, etc. I know Texas has BIGGER pockets and has more pull on the political side of the college football landscape. They also have more pull in terms of recruiting the better players around the country. Either way, I still don’t see KWhitt leaving to go to Austin.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I don’t see him being in the conversation. Charlie Strong had a similar, yet smaller body of work, than Kyle and he has been a failure. I see Texas going after a big name coach with big dollars. Kelly, Saban, Carrol, Sumlin, etc.

GadValleyUte
          Ute Fan
          @maximumkungfu

Pulling Sumlin out of aTm would be an epic move. I would love to see that happen just for the sheer drama it would make, but don’t see it happening.

Viewing 18 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt to Texas?