Breaking: 2020 Pac-12 Football Schedule

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

More than a little worried about the 5 weakest opponents all up front, followed by the 5 strongest in a row at the end (presumably, of course).

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

California schools might be the weakest. They are completely shut down still. 

1 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

At the risk of being a downer, I don’t think we’re going to see any football past about week 5. So Utah could be in a very nice spot around that time.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Could not have asked for a better schedule with no spring ball when you are breaking in a new defense, qb, and starting running back.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Wow, that worked out pretty well for this young team.  I was worried about taking on that Oregon mountain so early.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Oregon always struggles early. Would have been better as first game. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Utah always struggles early too though.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Well yeah but not this year!! 😂

PhiladelphiaUte
            Ute Fan
            @philadelphiaute

Correct you are Tony!  And since we’ll be breaking in a new QB and — to a somewhat lesser extent — a new RB, perhaps playing our easier games up front would be just what we need!

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I agree eagle, I think Utah benefits by playing Oregon early and Oregon benefits by playing Utah late.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
            Ute Fan
            @mcastleton928

The game is @ Utah though. Utah beat them in Salt Lake in 2018. That was also with Justin Herbert and with neither Huntley nor Moss. They’ll be fine.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Yeah they played in SLC in 2016 too. The thing is, this isn’t 2016 or 2018. Yeah we’ll have time to break in a new QB and RB but so will they.

D T
                Ute Fan
                @azute1

But outside of Sewell, UO’s breaking in a brand new OL, as well….Plus a new OC.

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

The last game if the season, they won’t be breaking anyone in, barring injury of course.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I think this conference-only schedule looks awesome and should be the new normal going forward. Would be really cool if P5s broke away entirely and all games vs FCS and G5 were done away with. Then the P5s could extend the playoff to 8+ teams leaving room for more playoff rounds and possibly 1 non conf P5 matchup. What do you guys think?

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

USC visiting in late November could be interesting with high potential for cold/snowy conditions, assuming the game happens of course.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I would prefer an 8 game conference schedule with 2 P5 and 2 G5 non-conference games. Limiting our schedule to 10 or 11 Pac-12 games doesn’t leave much room for variety of opponents which is something I like to see.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Interesting, I like the idea of 2 P5 OOC games. But I’m curious why you like the G5 games? With College football being a big entertainment business, why not remove the meaningless games and make every week count? I get that there are always G5 upsets but I just like the idea of moving to uniformity in scheduling where every week counts…more exciting for fans, especially the home game schedule. There’s definitely an argument to be made for playing G5 games but at the very least get rid of all FCS games IMO.

UteThunder
            Ute Fan
            @utethunder

The grind of P5 schedules is real. Playing P5 only would be a killer for depth. Plus, I loved when we would play what is now known as the P5 back when we were in the MWC and WAC. The current G5 schools deserve to have those same opportunities. 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

This should be the schedule every year. 10 Pac12 games, add an FCS G5 home opponents and be done.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Gotta say, I like having a strictly conference schedule.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Breaking: 2020 Pac-12 Football Schedule