5 way tie

Viewing 6 reply threads

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

If you want to continue to be delusional about our chances to the pac 12 champ. We are not fully eliminated from contention if there is a 5 way tie for 2nd at 6-3. The big “if” here is oregon needs to lose the last two games. Not impossible but unlikely.

Then it looks like this. Washington in at 9-0 or 8-1 (as long as the loss is to wsu and not osu bc that would put either oreg or osu in the champ game)

So it would be a 5 way tie at 6-3 between oreg, osu, ariz, utah and usc.
      The multi tie rules go all the way down to use the conf SOS as the first eliminator. Surprisingly oregon is eliminated first in this. Conf SOS is as follows, Oregon (37-44), osu (38-43), ua (40-41), usc (42-39), utah (46-35).
      This rule only eliminates the first team. Then you go back and use the multi teams tie rules from the start again. The same rule then applies since there is not a shared opponent to compare the 4 teams. So the next lowest is osu and they are elimanted.

now its down to usc, ua, and utah. Utah would be 2-0, ua would be 0-2, usc would be 1-1.
      so ua is elimataed
      now its head to head and we beat usc so we would get in.

2 2

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I would rather see Oregon win out (including a PAC-12 championship game rematch against Washington) and go to the playoff, and even better yet I would love to see Oregon win it all.

I want this not because I love Oregon so much, but it would be nice to see the PAC-12 go out on top so to speak, and, I feel like it rubs further salt in the wounds of USC and UCLA. The SoCal teams suck, and I would love to see Oregon / Washington become everything USC / UCLA had hoped they would be in the Big 10, while USC and UCLA wallow in the dregs of their new conference.

1 1

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I think Washington has to win out, including Pac-12 Championship, to force the committee/rankers to put a Pac-12 team in the playoff.

Roy Rangum
          Ute Fan
          @royrangum

That may be true, but if so it’s unfortunate as I think Oregon is the best team in the PAC and would have the highest likelihood of winning it all in the playoff.

3 4

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Nothing against your comment but of all the teams not named USC in the PAC, Oregon is the team I’d least like to win anything. Their athletic fortunes have been mostly bankrolled this century by one Philip Hampson Knight, who’s done everything possible, to the tune of over $2B in university donations, to buy Oregon a football championship. Yeah. no thanks…I’d rather see Alabama, tOSU. or Georgia win it every year than Oregon.

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

I agree, I feel zero kinsmanship with Oregon and it becomes negative with Dan.

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

I have no doubt that Dan’s smirk is going to be turned into a frown starting next year.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

yep. ESPN FPI puts all of it at 0.1% chance. I think if Oregon loses to ASU, then things start to get interesting (OSU needs to beat UW [edit: reverse that] also otherwise other tiebreakers aren’t in our favor the same way). Arizona has a 0.7% chance, but only has to win out and have Oregon lose both since they have the H2H against OSU. OSU wins out, they are in.

I get the Oregon win it all (I think they have a much better chance than UW). But how about chaos and Ore St. wins their next 3 games to claim the PAC12 championship to show what a mess everyone has made? Of course, PAC12 will have no CFP rep (UW, OU, OSU would all have 2 losses), but maybe 2 NY6 anyway.

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

osu doesn’t need to beat washington. They need to beat oregon and lose to washington for it all to work out.
      If they beat washington and lose to oregon then its either oreg/osu depending on if oreg beats asu.

This weekend we want ASU, washington, utah, and usc to all. The usc game doesn’t totally matter tho. If it ends up a 4 way tie breaker I think we would still come out on top but im not totally sure.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

What’s funny is if Utah wins out they would have been in the CCG under the old rules as the south champion (but would have missed last year under the old rules)

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

If Oregon beats Washington in the Pac12 championship they should be in.

I’m so ready to go to the 12 team system next year. There’s a lot of great teams that are ranked 5-10 this year.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

If UW and Oregon win out to the conf champ game, the winner will be in the playoff.

popbirch
      Ute Fan
      @popbirch

ya the 12 team playoff would be pretty interesting this year.
      would be something like, UGA, OSU, FSU, UW on byes for top 4.
      first round be mich vs tulane, bama vs mizz, oreg vs louisville, texas vs osu

pretty exciting and unique matchups

honestly I think we will probably get into the top 12 next year in the big 12. We just faced one of hardest schedules ever with massive critical injuries and are doing well considering. We return a ton of players and have young guys that got tons of experience this year.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.