Any updates on Rising’s injury or status for next season?

Viewing 4 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Looks like the Utes and Rising have gone into radio silence.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I was contemplating this exact question all day and logged on just now to ask. 

I am approaching worried after this weekend. Figured by Monday we would have an idea. 

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

The answer to this question is single handedly the biggest thing regarding what we’ll be next season…

Just don’t be an ACL🙏🙏🙏

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

The Monty show is reporting torn acl FWIW

Extra Medium
          Ute Fan
          @runningreddude

Isn’t that Monty dude a total ass-clown? I don’t listen to sports radio at all but for some reason I think I’ve heard that dude is a joke. 

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Then I’m relieved

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Monty is a charlatan and has never been right about anything. 

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

For various reasons posted elsewhere, it’s hard to believe that he tore his ACL. I tore mine in college and it’s a traumatic injury. I mean, it’s extremely painful, your knee swells up almost immediately and it’s almost impossible to walk without crutches. Rising didn’t even look like he was under duress after he took a shower, changed and was on the sidelines. For all those reasons, I’m kind of thinking it might be a MCL injury which is nowhere as traumatic as an ACL.

1 1

pedro
            Ute Fan
            @pedro

I’ve seen players finish out games with torn ACL’s, not knowing what was up, just that they hurt.  So I wouldn’t rule it out.  

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Hopefully he only began thinking about this seriously on Tuesday. I expect there is a lot to discuss with doctors to make a plan. I expect a couple of TEs and a WR are also waiting to hear as well. As an UDFA I expect missing pro days and the columbine will push hard for him to take another college day. Lots to think about.

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

If it’s a torn ACL it’s a 12 month recovery. He won’t be back in time for next season. His nfl hopes are all but gone. We can’t do 1 year for another QB and think rising will get a medical redshirt and play in 2024. It’s a situation all around. 

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

I remember distinctly him walking effortlessly following his injury & smiling FWIW.

Hope it’s nothing that prevents him from getting in a full year.

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

You can walk fine on a torn ACL, until you sleep on it at least. Once the swelling/fluid starts to build up you are going to have a problem bending your knee, but every day activities like walking around are totally possible with a torn ACL.

GunthersRevenge
      Ute Fan
      @eldonbkimball

Hans Olsen was speculating it was not a torn acl, but something less serious, which would require less rehab. He prefaced this by saying this was only his opinion based on what he observed. However, I’ve noticed in the past when he “speculates” he’s been pretty accurate.

GunthersRevenge
        Ute Fan
        @eldonbkimball

Also noticed in the past that Monty is usually wrong.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Apropos name for this thread, btw, haha

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Double relieved.

not sure about this case but I think Hans often ‘speculates’ based on insider info.  

#hopeful!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Any updates on Rising’s injury or status for next season?