Anyone at the scrimmage today?

Viewing 3 reply threads

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Excited to hear how it went.  The suspense is killing me. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Onlyu aka “Coach Whittingham” will be busy with film. But coach Whitt is good enough to feed our curiosity. It’ll just be tonight.

4 2

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I’m eager to hear too.

Went to UFN to see if any report and pro and anti Trump users were lobbing links at each other. Hopeless.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Brief update and sorry not much really to report.  I’d say Defense won the day today but there was definitely give and take.  1st O-line played excellent.  Lot of time for the 2’s and 3’s

Limited reps for many of the starters/proven guys.

Defense is fast and physical.  Team size is impressive.  Corners are outstanding and Guidry in the Nickel looks great.  Plenty of quality leadership on the field.  Bernard and Pirtle still behind but learning.  Closer to playing shape and will help quite a bit once there.  Pirtle behind from a mental standpoint…rush end and RB in high school, coverage is something he’s not done much of so has to learn that but good athlete.   Bernard behind from a conditioning standpoint and Ena letting him have it every step of the way.  Thompson looks good and Lloyd is a physical freak.  Just has to learn the mental part.  Mariner, Covey look great along with Simpkins and Thompson.  Boyd (still thinking too much) will catch up into that top group, Same with Nacua and Enis will contribute.  Dixon, Field in the next group.

Bernard passed his last class by 1 percent!  Had to pass 40 credits in the past 12 months to become eligible.  Kicked his butt but he did it.  Credit to him.  

Tyronne Smith banged up again but doesn’t appear to be serious.  Hamilton with his hand in the dirt some.  Repp continues to look good so does Tufua.  Maxs should get some reps.  Fotu, Tonga, Penisini and Pututau look good.  Young guys have to step up with depth but Coach A. helps tremendously there.  Nick Ford is massive.  Toala has spent some time in the pit during camp…same with Capra.  

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Thank you!!!!!!!

10 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

This defense is going to be the best ever in Utah history. The only negative so far has been Rex’s injury. 

I am also excited to hear about how well our offense has been doing on them. It is the best defense they will face all year!  

SUUte
        Ute Fan
        @garrstew

Thanks for the report good sir!!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Many thanks Onlyu! Great report.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Oh and Matt Gay hit another FG from 65!!  Unreal!

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Downside to that is KWhitt could end up playing more for Field Goals?

3 3

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

You may be surprised how many of us are on both boards, even if we mostly just lurk in both places these days.

But your concern is noted.

9 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I know they do which is why we like to make it known it isn’t a Ute fans board. It is basically Tribune comment section. What honestly do any of them hope to accomplish other than jacking each other off?

”Look at how outraged I am about something. I will talk ONLINE about it, so you can be outraged about it and we can all swim in our outrage…”

5 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

It isn’t exactly a place of open debate and free thought. You could do studies on the staggering influence of media on people. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

but UF.N should change its name to something that doesn’t include Utes or Utah, I don’t want people to associate it with Ute fans.

The irony of this statement coming from a Moose alt is not lost on me.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m watching.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

So in the future we should refer to you as “Big Brother” (and no millennials I don’t refer to the TV show).

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

No more of a generous despot. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anyone at the scrimmage today?