THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

UCLA gets beat by Arizona?

Any thoughts Utes fans?

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

That’s a tough one to call. I think UCLA wins if Rosen has a good game. If he has another game like he did against BYU they will lose. Arizona has just looked okay through their first three games. UCLA is a little more battle tested.

Regardless, it’ll be a good game.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Nobody gives UA respect, but they did win the South last year. I take the Wildcats, TDS exposed the UCLA secondary.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Based on pretty much nothing, I’m liking Arizona too. They started slow last year and kept getting better. I’m following last year’s trend and I think they will do enough to win this week.

I think they get Scooby back and UCLA is down three starters, Rosen’s first tough road test. This could actually be ugly for UCLA.

UtahUteGuy
        Ute Fan
        @utahuteguy

What Rosen’s subpar game against byu-p tells me is that Rosen only gets up for the big games. 🙂

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rosen will lose a few conference games because of his youth. Utah, USC, Stanford and UA are the losses they will suffer. Cal may also be close but they will get the home win. Playing @Utah late is the main reason why I think UCLA loses.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

Yup. UCLA will be near-elite level when Rosen is on his game. But he likely wont be on his game in several contests, leaving them beatable like they were last week

UtahSig
      Ute Fan
      @utahsig

I hope UCLA wins because UA is the defending South Champ and they rolled us last year. I think we beat UCLA this year, but I don’t think we can beat UA. The more games UA loses the better chance for us to take the South.

Go Utes! Go Bruins!

Utemachine
      Ute Fan
      @utemachine

I’m admittedly biased as I am a UCLA fan but I think Rosen comes out of his 6 quarter funk for a W. The big loss is Miles Jack who is out for the season.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Rosen is a Pro Style or Pocket Passer style QB. It takes time for such a QB to see the game and process what they’re seeing. He needs to learn that he has a lot of playmakers around him and thus does not need to make THE play with his arm when it’s not there. Sometimes it’s just better to suck the ball down, run out of bounds, slide, or throw it out of bounds and go to the next play. He will learn that.

Dual threat QBs can have more immediate impact because they can safely bail a play out with their legs.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Anyone else think…