Better for Puka to go to BYU than stay at Washington

Viewing 6 reply threads
      18 1

McBride of Frankenstein
      Ute Fan
      @mcbrideoffrankenstein

UW is a real threat to our program and is a PAC-12 competitor.  BYU is not a credible threat.  Hopefully this sets UW back a little.  I’d happily send the best players every now and then from PAC-12 foes to BYU.  It doesn’t make up for BYU’s paltry overall recruiting.

Meanwhile, I am super excited about Bumphis

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree. Good for the Nacua brothers to play together. Seems this is what it’s all about for them. New WR Coach is a solid, timely, hire with plenty of time to pick up 1-2 solid WRs from the portal and get them all dialed in with the crazy QB talent.  Go Utes!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Sounds like BYU is bullish on there frosh QB. Even if he is good. Growing pains will be real this year. There D is gone.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I understand what you are saying and I agree UW is more of a threat.  But, we need the PAC12 teams to be more competitive.  A strong conference helps the Utes.

In a perfect world, there would be five or six PAC12 teams ranked in the top 25 and Utah would be the highest of those.  We need the PAC12 back in the CFP.  Our conference needs the big-name teams like Oregon, USC, Stanford, and UW to be good. I may not like those teams, but they are the teams the nation recognizes.  I want the Utes to be the big-name team in the PAC12 in the future.  We have come a long way toward that goal IMO.

Go Utes!!!

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

I agree that the top PAC schools need to be more competative with other P5s, but I think one of the major problems with this conference is the fact that most teams are very competative so we don’t have that team that goes undefeated or nearly so every year.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

I must admit, I’d be pretty excited to add those two transfers.  

They’re gonna wreak havoc on Idaho St, Ga Southern, USF & Utah State…

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Let’s get real here.  Below are Puka’s stats at UW.  Not exactly earth-shattering and neither are those of his brother Samson for us.   I will sleep well tonight! 

Career Stats

STATS

REC YDS AVG TD LNG ATT YDS AVG TD LNG FUM LST
      9 151 16.8 1 65 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
      7 168 24.0 2 49 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

UW is a real threat to our program and is a PAC-12 competitor.  BYU is not a credible threat.  Hopefully this sets UW back a little.  I’d happily send the best players every now and then from PAC-12 foes to BYU.  It doesn’t make up for BYU’s paltry overall recruiting.

Meanwhile, I am super excited about Bumphis

My response…Sorry can;t do it  being a Ute fan for 40 plus years, I am unable to root or cheer for TDS for any reason or players.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Better for Puka to go to BYU than stay at Washington