“Bo is down…next man up”. Oregon WR lets slip that Bo Nix won’t play.

Viewing 7 reply threads

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He said it. Not sure I believe it but he said it. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I dunno…that would be a pretty high level of subterfuge/tradecraft.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

Believe it when I see it.

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

I need to fly down to vegas and put 20k on the utes before the line changes

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Heading down to the 94 Freedom Bowl we stayed at Mesquite and having confidence in the WAC teams, a few of us put $$$$ on parlay cards which included Utah, BYU, and CSU.   Next morning we made a sudden unplanned stop at Buffalo Bills (in Primm on the California/Nevada border) to ride the brand new Desperado roller coaster and the last one in our party went over to the sports book to put down some $$$$ and found they had taken BYU/Oklahoma off the board (Sooner QB was going to be out).   

Utah beat favored Zona in our bowl game, BYU blew Oklahoma out in Tucson, another game (can’t remember which one now) went our way, but CSU ended up costing us the chance to win $$$$ as they failed to cover the spread against Michigan in San Diego.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

So if not for CSU losing that day, you’d have been our Phil Knight?? Dang!!

kazute
          Ute Fan
          @kazute

That is really funny. Same trip to the 94 Freedom Bowl. Stopped in Vegas and did my one and only 3 game parlay, picking Utah, CSU and some other team that I forget. Having confidence in our conference. I remember the guy at the sports book commenting about, “Don’t bet against Michigan against the spread in a Bowl.” Sure enough, CSU lost me my parlay.

I bet $100. What I could have done with that $600…

I also thought that when Cal Beck did not score the touchdown on the return, that our offense would not score inside the 10. Thankfully, I was wrong on that account as well (McCoy to Dyson).

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

UO is playing 4D chess.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Maybe, but my guess is that receiver doesn’t know what chess even is, or what 4D is. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am 100% sure that KW and Scalley are preparing for Bo Nix.  When Oregon takes the field we will see.  I remember when a third-string QB from USC took our defense to the woodshed.  We just need to get out there and win the game in the trenches.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I remember the Slovis USC game, but Ty Thompson (UO QB backup) has been bad. Maybe he plays at a higher level with 1st team reps, but Whitt and company will be prepared.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That was Matt Fink throwing jump balls to Michael Pittman in 2019. I don’t see that happening here. Fink was a Junior and Thompson is a true Freshman…but we shall see.

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

Was it Fink or Slovis who was the 3rd string?

kazute
            Ute Fan
            @kazute

If I remember, Slovis was 2nd string behind JT Daniels and became 1st string when Daniels got hurt. But Slovis was amazing in his back-up performance and started the game against us. Then Slovis got hurt on the first play or so and Fink came in. Then Fink beat us with the fly’s up passes. So we got beat by the 3rd string (based upon season start).

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

What a frustrating game that was. U$C basically won playing schoolyard-500 football.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

That’s all Fink did during the entire evening. Pittman won that game almost entirely by himself.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Don’t ever relax and feel confident because a star player may not play.  Oregon will be gunning for us.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

Apparently, he also admitted that the fake injury at the end of their UW game was planned. Someone should ask him what plays Oregon will run on their first offensive series.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Lanning is a good young coach in the making, BUT he also shows his inexperience as a new head coach as evidence in the UW end of game management. IMO, KW and his staff are a big advantage in these high pressure games.  True or not, his players should not be responding to media clowns when asked these questions. A player commenting faking an injury was “part of the game plan”, tells me Lanning is not coaching up his players how to respond to the media slime. Dude struggled to give credit to CPIII without having to end with a comment they better be ready for us.   

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football “Bo is down…next man up”. Oregon WR lets slip that Bo Nix won’t play.