Coaches gave up NJ too soon.

Viewing 10 reply threads
      10 6

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

He played great against Baylor and then struggled against Oregon St. Turns out Oregon St. is no joke and the coaches switch to Barnes who turns the ball over at minimum once a game. Whitt then tells the fans that Barnes is safer with the ball which is a lie.

Now Utah is putting their eggs in the Rising basket once again and you have no idea what you really have in the QB room.

5 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Can’t disagree at this point.

4 3

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

1) Baylor is trash
      2) He didn’t play great.. played okay at best
      3) He can’t throw a deep ball which renders his running abilities void with 9 defenders playing the run.

6 4

Tednab
        Ute Fan
        @tednab

They wasted the future on Barns

2 1

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

Once he was given the reigns he played fine against Baylor. This myth that he can’t throw is silly. When the coaches don’t let you throw that’s what happens.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Baylor is trash and Barnes was so ineffective against them he got benched.

The handling of the qb room makes no sense. Don’t try to understand it.

Jake
      Ute Fan
      @jutahfootball

They also called the absolute worst plays for him. They let him hand it off and only throw slants, and were surprised when we couldn’t move the ball. Watch the types of plays we call change when Barnes came in during that Oregon State game.

RedMenace
      Ute Fan
      @redmenace

This, so much this. Game managers don’t have the TD to int ratio Barnes has.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

That’s been my complaint and thought, it’s a bit of a double standard on why the other QB’S weren’t given a chance. The risk of TOs versus Barnes the proven who does turn it over.

For the record, I don’t think Nate or Rose would’ve won, I just have seen enough of Barnes to feel that his ceiling is at best an average backup.

5 2

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Barnes supposedly knows the O 110% but lacks the ability to execute it.

Whit has had a man crush on Barnes since he walk on campus. The little pig farmer that could. Just so tough and full of grit but zero play making ability.

Nothing will change about the offense until Whit is gone. He keeps his thumb on the OC just Run the ball No TOs play good D has been his mantra for 20 years.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Exactly and he should have played this game in the second half

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I can’t understand why NJ wasn’t put into the game in the second half especially after Barnes threw his second pick. We weren’t coming back at that point anyway.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Well Whitt got that pig farmer shirt though. So yeah that’s the guy man.

Johnson never got real practice reps all season either. Rising and Barnes were always sucking them up.

5 1

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

Yeah, the QB room was completely mismanaged this year. Rising should never have been taking practice reps away from Barnes and especially NJ if he wasn’t cleared to play. Maybe those missed practice reps could have made a difference (even for Barnes) at this point of the season.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

100%. Barnes will never be good enough to start at the P5 level for a competitive team. We know who he is. NJ is an unknown value. Hell at least he’s exciting to watch.

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

I feel like the reasons he’s been bench (besides performance) has been his attitude towards the game. During the Oregon State game there were clips of him laughing on the sidelines after messing up, and I don’t think he’s as good of a leader as Barnes but what do I know.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Coaches gave up NJ too soon.