Could you imagine?

Viewing 9 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Siaki Ika and Jay Toia as our DT’s. Van and Xavier as our DE’s. Fano and Ellis as our outside linebackers. Mason and Ethan as our linebackers. Nate Ritchie and Kia as our safeties. CP3 and Lloyd maybe as our corners. 8 of which are four star recruits coming into the program. Holy crap. 

Dreams can come true gentlemen!

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

No doubt, I want to see us bring Ika home to be a Ute! It sounds like he has great relationships with Oregon’s coaches as well and it will be a battle to win his services. Time to stop the Ducks from taking another one of our guys…Go Utes!!

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

This is what our fathers dreamed about while we sat with them in the car in the driveway listening to the game on the radio for all those years.

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

I’m not as up to speed on recruiting these days as I’d like to be, so you’ll have to forgive me, but what indications do we have that Toia and Calvert are realistic? I know we’ve made Calverts final cut but it seems like he’s a hard SC lean. And hasn’t Toia been committed to SC forever?

i also don’t think Fano is a done deal (would love to be proven wrong on that) and I have a very sneaking suspicion Oregon snatches up Ika (though OnlyU made me feel a bit better about that yesterday).

And who is Ellis?

Dresden_Stormblessed
        Ute Fan
        @dresden

Both Toia and Calvert are long shots tbh. We have pushed hard for both I know but a man can dream. 

All crystal balls at the moment are pointing to Fano becoming a Ute at the moment. So I’m hopeful there. 

I, too, am sick of Oregon stealing the best players in Utah so there’s still a lot of work to be done with Ika. Apparently, we were his number two at the time of his commitment so fingers crossed he comes home. 

Ellis is the best player in Idaho that committed to the Utes just a few weeks ago and we are really high on his potential. 

So, realistically, I would bet we get Fano. If we get any of the others, Toia, Calvert, or Ika, I’ll be very happy. If we got all three?? Game over man. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Jonah Ellis is also the son of a little known former Ute and Detroit Lion. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

That would be storming awesome

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

I think this might be a more likely dream scenario…and only Calvert feels like a long shot right now:

DE: Fano / Fillinger – Jefferson, Carlton

DT: Ika / Pepa – Suguturaga, Pututau

LB: Tufaga / Calvert / Elliss – Reynolds, Fotu

S: Ritchie / Latu – Bishop, Stewart

CB: CP3 / Marks / Lloyd – Broughton, LPJ

UtahMan17
        Ute Fan
        @utahman17

Just saw Ritchie is going to go on a mission after this season, and I think Fano is a mission guy too…still hope this lineup can come together at some point!

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Wow you guys have got me day dreaming now and I can’t focus on work. The thought of getting Calvert, Ika, Toia, Fano, and I’ll even throw in Caldwell as part of my recruiting dream for this class, gives me a brain freeze as if I put my mouth on the slurpee machine and turned it on full blast. I’d be happy with getting just one of these guys. But if we got a couple or if the dream came true and we pulled in a bunch of them it would be lights out!!…crazy to think about how far we’ve come to even be in the conversation for this level of talent.

DrJazzy
            Ute Fan
            @docute

I can’t focus ln work mainly because I am sleep deprived and bored, lol. But it’s been so fun to be a Utah fan of late. I feel like the trajectory arrow is pointing up – we are definitely on the rise. I get that it may not be as fast as some would like…but prior to recent years, we have NEVER been able to recruit 4* QB’s. For the last 3 years it has been an annual thing. Kinda cool. 

Jay
      Ute Fan
      @utahhhh

Who is this Lloyd kid at corner?

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

@Jay

Elisha Lloyd, high 3 star CB that commited to Wazzu a few months ago. Just decommited from them recently, Utah was on his short-list and with the way our rookies DBs have been playing in the league, and overall development we offer in our program, I woulnd’t be surprised if we landed him.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

What about Barton at LB? Possibly the best of all of them.

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

@Redblood

Lander Barton is part of the class of 2022. Yeah he’s gonna be a huge get, but he’s not in the same class as all of the guys mentioned above.

1 3

Rick
          Ute Fan
          @utebiquitous

Lander Barton isn’t in the same class as the guys mentioned above? Have you watched him play? Let me provide a quote from Coach Whittingham about Lander: “This year, as a junior, he is the highest rated Utah high school football player on our board.”

I realize Whittingham is saying Utah football player and I don’t know much about the players referenced in this thread but to say that Lander is not in the same class? 

While we’re being hyperbolic let’s allow some for a local kid who’s nowhere near done growing and maturing and plays like a man among boys right now.

‘biq

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

Rick,

When I say Barton isn’t in the same class, I actually mean not in the same class. The kids mentioned above are in the class of 2021. Barton is in the class of 2022. I’ve seen Lander play, he’s a must get recruit. All I was saying was he was a year younger then the rest of the guys mentioned previously.

Rick
              Ute Fan
              @utebiquitous

You’d think I’d read more carefully CB. Got it.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

Aisea Moa is another kid who, if he really is good enough, and qualifies academically, will be a Ute almost for sure. His father is Ben Moa. 247 has him as a 4* 2022 recruit, but I’m not sure how much publicity he gets because he plays for Weber. I don’t know anything about him other than his size, and that he is rated a 4* recruit by 247.

His uncle (on the other side of his family) played tight end at BYU. Again, not hyping this kid up, I don’t have a dog in that fight, but he seems to be a good prospect that nobody talks about. He’s probably a DE or LB type, 247 has him listed as ATH.

I see from 247 that Lander Barton is also a 2022 recruit, and a solid utah commit (of course). Barton is the #2 player from the state that year, Moa #5. If both are offered by Utah, they will both likely attend.

The #1 rated recruit for 2022 in Utah is Darrius Clemons, who, for whatever reason has not been offered by any school from Utah. His likely choices are MSU or boydiddler st. :\

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Rivals does show that BYU has offered Clemons.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Turns out Clemons isn’t actually a state of Utah recruit, just transferred to PG because his HS football got cancelled somewhere. So Barton is actually the state’s #1 recruit that year.

DrJazzy
      Ute Fan
      @docute

Cheers to dreams coming true 😀 . Would be happy just if Ika would transfer – he would he a HUGE get. 

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

big few years coming up to maintain momentum. That said 2017 was one of our worst years this decade but it built into one of our best teams ever. Probably built of 2014 and 2015 success. So 2019 should lead to some good things

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Could you imagine?