Does anyone know if we will be allowed to be at full capacity for football games

Viewing 6 reply threads

tysnowboarder88
      Ute Fan
      @tysnowboarder88

this year? I have a good feeling that the Utah Health department will ok it, but I am not sure if the Pac-12 will be on board.

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

A couple of weeks ago Newsom said Cal Covid restrictions will end on June 15th. So that’s a good sign.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think vax levels will be making people feel pretty comfortable by late August.

1 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

I hope you’re right. Utah’s vax numbers are starting to plateau, which we all knew would happen, but most experts figured we’d be at higher numbers before the plateau began.

If I had to guess what happens in the fall based on where we are now, I would say 50-75% capacity, masks required.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Is the rate plateauing or the numbers?  I’ve seen charts that show that the RATE of vaccinations peaked but there are still millions getting shots every day.  

6 10

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

Masks, lol. Hopefully they use recycled masks as ass wipes in the North End heads. Keep things green. Masks 😂😂😂

10 10

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

My guess is we will start the season at full capacity but will probably need to show vaccination cards. In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me if airlines and hotels will start to require this as well.

I’ve always felt that once government has a certain amount of control, they are leery to let it go.

I just wish everyone would just get the vaccine and let’s be done with this thing. It’s so stupid that even this has become politicized.

I wonder if universities need the revenue too much to cut ticket sales again this year? After the spring game, I realized how much I miss live sports. I need Utah Football. It’s not a want. It’s a need.

11 13

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I’ve got an even better idea. Let’s have the unvaccinated wear a yellow six pointed star pinned to their clothes at all times.

7 7

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

yeah cuz that’s a valid comparison. Not. 

5 3

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

Explain how creating a two-tiered system of citizen rights is not similar? One tier whose freedoms have been curtailed, and are outcast and shunned? How does othering people work out?

3 7

Dwight89
              Ute Fan
              @jordan-buckner

Because you choose to be unvaccinated and being unvaccinated when you don’t have a medical condition that makes it dangerous to get a vaccine literally puts others at risk.

Being jewish is a part of your heritage and something one cannot necessarily control. 

It is a stupid comparison. Period. 

6 4

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

My body my choice. The jackboots of anti-choice authoritarianism are being polished as we speak.

2 6

UrbanLiar
                  Ute Fan
                  @urbanliar

Your choice for self directing authority affects others in this context. Great! Don’t get vaccinated because you’re told to by an authority. Do it for the sake of helping people in our community that you might unknowingly infect and can’t protect themselves. To slightly modify the old anti Covid slogan “if you’re afraid of the vaccine, then stay home”. As you said…it’s your choice.

Central Coast Ute
                    Ute Fan
                    @flip2848

You know what he means by “my body my choice”, right? Do you know where it comes from? It will take 100 years at the current covid death rate to reach 50 million, which only took us 50 years to reach.

1 2

UrbanLiar
                      Ute Fan
                      @urbanliar

Yes but the second sentence referring to jackboots of authoritarianism reeks of narcissism. If we’re gravitating into abortion talk then I’m bowing out of this conversation.

4 6

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

Utah kids aren’t permitted to show up to kindergarten without:

5 DTP/DTaP/DT (4 doses if 4th dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
          4 Polio (3 doses if 3rd dose was given on/after the 4th birthday)
          2 Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
          3 Hepatitis B
          2 Hepatitis A
          2 Varicella

The butthurt over COVID vaccine is crazy. They are in the edge of using mRNA to eradicate malaria, which kills millions every year. Not only are the paranoid most likely to get sick, they are most likely to make others sick. Instead we get nazi fetishizing. Take the damn shots. JHC.

7 6

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

It’s an experimental drug. The ones you mentioned have all been approved, with decades of longitudinal data proving their general safety and efficacy. We’re still in human trials of these COVID vaccines. That’s a big difference between what you’re trying to compare.

6 7

Duhwayne
              Ute Fan
              @duhwayne

Incorrect. Pfizer and Moderna cleared Phase 3 last year. New trials are for pregnant people and children.

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-and-biontech-conclude-phase-3-study-covid-19-vaccine

What was rushed was the approval process, because you know, more Americans have died than in all wars combined. I feel for the fools who choose to allow themselves to be put at risk by listening to the lies being fed for political reasons. I look forward to the day that people get sick of being manipulated and turn off the TV.

It’s a beautiful day, the pandemic is finally getting under control, and things are about to get a lot better in the United States of America. Here is hoping politics recedes back into the background and people get on with life and cheering for the Utes. Put your yellow star comparisons down. How anyone can feel attacked by the opportunity to acquire Covid immunity is… Just think about that.

1 3

Utesbyfive
                Ute Fan
                @utesbyfive

Just NVM.

6 2

ThurstonW
                Ute Fan
                @thurstonw

NONE of the covid vaccines have acheived FDA APPROVAL.  They are being administer under an EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION.  

2 3

UrbanLiar
                  Ute Fan
                  @urbanliar

You’re partially correct. The FDA followed regular protocols in issuing the current EUA, so yes the vaccines have FDA approval. Pfizer is assembling its application for a full Biologics License Application from the FDA (thought to be submitted early May) and Moderna is about a month behind that.

ThurstonW
                    Ute Fan
                    @thurstonw

I’m not partially correct, I’m completely correct.  FDA APPROVAL is not just a meaningless term handed out with a wink and a nod.  NONE of the vendors have fully completed the regulatory requirements and review process that is prerequisite to being granted FDA APPROVAL for their vaccine….period.  I agree they are in process, but to claim they have FDA APPROVAL is false and extremely misleading.

UrbanLiar
                      Ute Fan
                      @urbanliar

Fair. They currently have FDA AUTHORIZATION and are on track for FDA APPROVAL in the next month. Let’s talk on Memorial Day when your current point is moot.

2008 National Champ
                        Ute Fan
                        @cptmrgn05

They may have initial FDA approval on your timeline but to “UtesbyyFive’s” point, they have not been utilized long enough for there to be any definitive data on any long-term effects taking the boosters may cause.

it’s not a completely fair analogy but MDMA once had initial FDA approval. It was pulled before it got the (I believe) 5 year benchmark for full approval.

at any rate, a live virus immunization booster is not the same as a vaccine. even worse is when the same people who said they wouldn’t take it while trying to get elected are the ones demanding that everyone take it.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Not in the P12. Plan on half capacity at most. Dodger stadium right now is allowing less than 1/3 of fan capacity. Watch a Dodger game on TV and see what that looks like. Unlikely there’s much change between now and and the start of the football season with vaccination participation flattening out. Pretty much everyone who wants to get vaccinated can do so now, the rest are opting out. 

P12 schools including Utah will bend the knee to whatever the California schools tell them to do. It will take a media uproar of 1-2 people getting infected (proof or not) that attended a game to shut the entire thing down.

Would love to see the RES rocking as everyone else. 

3 1

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

I have received both vaccines and I encourage others to do the same. However, I do have an honest question. If everyone has been given the opportunity to get vaccinated, how is it a risk for infection, if someone chooses to not get vaccinated? The only people who will get infected are those that chose to pass on the vaccine, Right? Mandating vaccinations is obviously an infringement on peoples personal rights. Recommending is not. I would even say that if a Private company mandates something. it is also OK. However, the U is a public entity. Quite the dilemma.

1 3

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Great question. One of the direct risks would be the presence of enough unvaccinated virus hosts that facilitate new strains of the virus that the original vaccines may not be effective in fighting.

HCHooligan
        Ute Fan
        @hchooligan

My mom has just finished her last chemo treatment for stage III cancer and will now undergo radiation. Her oncologist has strongly discouraged her from receiving the vaccine due to her compromised health state. If everyone that could get the vaccine actually got the vaccine, her chance of contracting COVID (and potentially suffering the serious symptoms that can accompany COVID) goes way down. There are certain cases, like hers, where the choice of the individual really does affect others, even after “everyone” has had the opportunity to get the shot. 

dwainegf
          Ute Fan
          @dwainegf

HC Hooligan: I’m sorry about your Mom’s diagnosis. My wife and I went through the same thing a couple of years ago.
          I hope she ends up with the same outcome as us. My prayers are with her and you.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

@tysnowboarder: The best indicator at this current time in April is the U has renewed + billed full capacity season tickets for football. I also received a questionnaire from the Crimson Club asking what my general willingness was to attend games this fall. As of today, I’m concluding they’re hoping and planning on 100% capacity but that can change if we experience an unlikely uptick in cases.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Does anyone know if we will be allowed to be at full capacity for football games