ESPN article about Brewer/Rising QB battle

Viewing 6 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

I honestly expected brewer to end the battle early but I guess I was wrong. Good to know we will have a good backup whoever it may be!

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Not surprising. I don’t think Brewer is as good as everyone says, and I think Rising is better (at least in practice) than he looked in his limited action for us.

If Rising is just as good, he should get the nod IMO. If either one is better than the other, play the best QB obviously.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Rising looked pretty good in limited action.  The team was consistently moving the ball prior to his injury.  Even the turnover was at the end of an extended drive.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

If it’s close start the one that will benefit the team longer. 2022 and starting off with Florida would really put them on track for a playoff spot.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I’m very high on Rising’s future and hope he wins the job! I expect Whitt to not name a starter until days before the opener.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

*Success will largely be determined by the OL.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

I like to see articles about Utah in ESPN, but I don’t believe this article provides any new internal insight. It just reports what we already know. There is a QB competition. Whitt has been saying in his pressers that they wouldn’t even really be able to make real evaluations until Wed (yesterday) when the pads come on.

I still think its Brewer (just a prediction and not a preference). I have no preference. I just want to win.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

agree completely. as long as the name on the front of the jersey is successful, i don’t give a rats ass what the name on the back is.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I like Rising. If he can hit the deep ball. The Utes have several deep threats, however, ball needs to come out quick.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN article about Brewer/Rising QB battle