3 3

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I doubt if even Larry knows. 

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Because Jantunen came back. He’s critical to their success. He was gone the last four games, and it showed. His play might not show up in the box score, but he does things that can’t be chalked up. He plays really good defense and he gives Utah more low post scoring. Plus he also hustles and is extremely tough. And he gets offensive rebounds. Many of the 3’s Utah got in the second half came after Jantunen got the offensive rebound. His hustle and toughness is infectious and it makes the Utes a much better team. It’s no shock that they had won three straight, he leaves the team, and they don’t win again until he comes back. Utah may have won all four games he missed. They’d likely have won both the Stanford and Oregon games with him in the lineup. He’s like Alex Jensen. He does all the intangible plays you don’t see. He’s my favorite player on the team.

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

That doesn’t explain why we lost to crappy teams while he was in. 

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I agree.  Utah needs Jantunen to be competative.  Jones being out did not help.  He is not as critical as Jantunen but it is very good to have him in the rotation.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’m just happy for the guys on the team. Years like this wear on a player, and they deserve to taste a little success.

1 1

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

I’m happy for the kids as well.  As frustrated as I am with Larry, the coaching staff, and the general direction of the program, I certainly contintue to support and root for the kids.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

J&H: Understatement of the year.

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

But an awesome win. Terrific defense.  

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

Best game they’ve played all year. And I agree on the defense. It improved because of Jantunen. He really is an Alex Jensen clone. He’s the Utes’ most important player.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Best defense I’ve seen this season.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Great Win by Men’s BB Tonight