Half of those who’ve voted so far think 6-4.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

3 1

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

That’s how I voted.  I like to think of it in two pools:

at ASU, Washington, USC & Oregon (we win 1 of 4)

@ Wazzou, @ Colorado, Oreg St, @ UCLA, Arizona and @ Cal (we win 5 of 6)

We MAY squeeze out an extra win in the first pool, but I think it would be more likely to drop an extra game in the second pool as most of those games are on the road.

Just my .02

2 1

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

My head says the exact same Backer. My heart wants to believe we can get to 7-3. But regardless, I’ll be happy just to see us playing games. Given the craziness of C-19, I’m glad this year’s team is young with lower expectations vs this happening in a year like 2019 where we are all hoping for a “special” season. Any experience we can get to build for a great 2021 is what I’m hoping for. Go Utes!!

2 1

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Our D is going to need time to gel and mature.  That said, I think our offense is going to be pretty good.  I like both of our QB’s and our stable or running backs and receivers are super solid.  If our offensive line can progress we should have a stellar shot a significant improvement on that side of the ball.  

Please, for the love of God, let there be ball this fall…

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

6-4 is like kissing your sister, nice but no pizzaz. I say lets go for all the gusto. 10-0 with the CCG at Rice-Eccles. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Imagine the home field advantage on Dec 18th in the cold and snow in RES if we somehow reached the CCG. Unlikely but fun to consider at this point.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Depends on how hot the sister is. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I feel like 6-4 is our ceiling.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

5 of our games are likely sure fire wins, you think our ceiling is winning one of our last 5 games?? I think our ceiling is undefeated… I don’t think that will happen, but 6 wins as our ceiling? Come on man, you can do better than that, 6 wins is as close to our floor as it is our ceiling IMO.

2 1

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

6-4 seems reasonable. Anything better would be excellent. As a thirty year football fan, I still sit in awe when I read the teams Utah has on their schedule being in the p12. Utes are not a one year reload team yet at some positions. Baffling how the head coach was a stud LB in college and this position continues to be a head scratcher in terms of recruiting. Devon Lloyd is a for sure NFL draft pick, it gets very ugly at the LB position after that. Point is, LB is a very weak spot not helping the inexperience at DB. That said, there always seems to be a couple new guys step up at LB we don’t know about right now. DBs will of course develop and be solid.

Offense should be solid. IMHO, Cam Rising ends up as the starting QB very early in the season. Regardless, QB competition has never been at this level at Utah. Breakout year for the WR group. Good hell, lets please salvage this twilight zone-bizarre year with a complete college football season. Go Utes!

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Screw you guys. We’re winning the south.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

And we’re going to average 15 sacks a game, but I didn’t need to tell you that.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

I have 8-2.  Last time I checked Washington was replacing its head coach with a career assistant, a ton of starters on offense and defense and are playing in SLC.  Last time I checked the Mighty Herm Edwards’ were 15-11 and have to replace Eno, Aayuk, both coordinators, and a bunch of upper classmen on defense.  Oh, and they are doing this with no spring and an abbreviated fall camp.

Every team has turnover every season.  We might not know the names now, but the stars emerge for the Utes like they have every year since 2014. I know I knew Devin Lloyd was going to be an all conference level performer and Burgess was a sure fire third round draft pick last August before the season started. NOT!!!  I know folks have recency bias but last season the Utes were 8-1 in conference play during the regular season and were physically smashing these teams.  Utah has better player development and teaches fundamentals better than any other team in the PAC12.  We have a better “program” than most of the teams in this conference.  For the most part, new players taking the field on the September 26th will be the highest regarded recruits to play their position at any time in the history of the program.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

I agree 8-2 is possible.  Many focus on our losses forgeting all the other teams have losses and changes to deal with as well.  Several of our players have been stuck behind very good players and with another year of development may be closer to those players than we are aware of.  We may need to develop a bunch of players or, maybe, we have players very close to those they will replace.  Only a chance to see them play will tell us which we have.  The area of most challenge is LB where a couple of recent additions did not play out, but that is mostly one spot.  Who will be the next new starter that will be a suprise on the all conference teams?

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Thumbs up for the “not!” Joke.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

FIFTEEN SACKS!!!!!!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Half of those who’ve voted so far think 6-4.