Hubert Next Year

Viewing 4 reply threads

Warren Smith
      Ute Fan
      @unhealthyutefan

Is anyone else confused about why Hubert is considered a Senior? Did he not redshirt last year when only played one game? 

https://utahutes.com/sports/football/roster/r-j–hubert/13194

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Until the whole Covid years are done I still have no idea. I think Covey actually had a year left somehow….

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

From my memory I thought he was set to be a senior last year and the year prior. He’s been out two seasons due to injury.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

This guy has been around for an eternity. This is his 5th year with the team. He should be moving on… but who knows?

Warren Smith
        Ute Fan
        @unhealthyutefan

He’s mostly been injured. This is his first year as a starter. Seems like he’s been here forever because of the mission element.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

247 shows Hubert as in the 2016 class but he took a mission so his clock wouldn’t have started until 2018. 2022 would be 5th year with 2 redshirt years so he should have 2023 with the possibility of a medical redshirt in 2024 if he wanted to pursue that.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think this is correct. He has to apply for a medical redshirt and can’t do that until the season is over. 

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

no matter what happens if/when he applies for a medical, everyone got a free redshirt in 2020 so 5 to play 4 became 6/4.

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

If he only played in 1 game I would think it is an easy, simple red shirt year last year.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

I really don’t know the criteria they use and if it has gotten tougher to get the waiver since they changed the redshirt rules to 4 games. I believe that you have to wait until your eligibility expires before you can apply so it’s a long way off for Hubert. If he has an all-conference year in 23, I’d imagine he would put his name in the draft instead of burning another year of his prime.

UrbanLiar
                Ute Fan
                @urbanliar

Hubert has a wonderful wife and 2 children. If I were him I’d want to make progress in other areas of his life.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hubert Next Year