I heard from a former player

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

That Bam had an outstanding spring.  He apparently lost a lot of weight and now is much more mobile.  It was suggested that Bam may be the best of our offensive lineman.  This came as a surprise to me.

OnlyU – What have you seen or heard?

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Bam has a couple of cameos in season 3 and 4 of last chance U. Watch the garden city episodes and you’ll see him. 

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Man I hope that’s true!!!

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Haha…I wouldn’t say he’s our best o-lineman. We return the entire line so plenty to work with. We also got a little banged up at the end of Spring and he took advantage of his opportunities.

He’s further along at this point than he’s ever been…physical specimen and the game is FINALLY slowing down for him. I think not growing up playing football really hampered his understanding but if he continues on the trajectory he’s been on the last 6 months he’ll likely get some serious opportunities.

Really excited to watch the OL shake out in the Fall. I’m still bullish with this group. The years when the majority of the line returns is a big advantage and it should help develop that chemistry in early Fall.

Just gotta stay/get healthy.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Aside from a handful of blue-blood programs that just re-load, I recall seeing a stat that returning starts on OL was a strong pre-season predictor of number of wins in college football.  Seems that has been true for the Utes over the years, too. And how well they work as a unit is of course very important – chemistry as OnlyU says.

3 1

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Bam had a couple of cameo’s during the 1st round of the NFL draft.  That OLB from Washington looked like the greatest player ever in those highlights.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I heard from a former player