I was up at the University yesterday . . .

Viewing 2 reply threads

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

First of all, everytime I visit the campus it seems like they’ve built another new building.  So crazy how much it’s changed over the last 10-20 years.

I made a point to walk past the fieldhouse along South Campus Drive.  Of course, I’ve seen videos and pictures of the stadium construction, but I wanted to try and catch a glimpse of the new additions through the north endzone portals. 

The view from there is limited and I wasn’t able to see too much.  But it’s certainly coming along and has really changed the look of the stadium as a whole.  I just keep imagining how it’s going to feel on Sept. 2nd as I walk out through the portal and see the completed bowl full of fans.  It’s gonna be unbelievable.

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

It would be a joke if by Sept the Pac12/Governor don’t allow full capacity at RES

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

That’s true.  I’m making the assumption that a full capacity crowd will be allowed by then.  If not, then watching Utah play Weber State on a Thursday night in front of 18,000 fans would be the most anti-climatic season-opener ever.

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

Except for last seasons opener to ZERO fans.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Unfortunately the California schools will likely dicate the P12 plan. Utah will bend the knee with a new President coming in and Harlan the people pleaser. Again, I hope I am completely wrong and the RES is blowing up. RES is going to be 2X louder with SEZ closed in and more fans going nuts. 

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

I am guessing the Pac does not determine what we do for non-conference games.  If that is the case, I can’t imagine a couple of full crowds followed by mandated reductions.  Last year we also saw other Pac schools doing things different than Cali.  However, I don’t think that matters, with the football season so far away with the decline everyone expects, the issues will be a small fraction of the current.  Still, there will be some barking at everyone else a year from now.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Full stadiums in the fall. Baring some unforeseen event. The MLB all star game, bama football etc have all announced fall stands.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Reading the tea leaves in the medical community right now, I would say the most likely scenario in the fall is that stadiums in Utah will be full, but with masks required for everyone.

Gary Sapp
          Ute Fan
          @uofuman

I can watch football if I wear a mask? DONE AND DONE!

I’ll wire it on if I need to.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I was up at the University yesterday . . .