10 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Bam and Ford on the way, hopefully too.

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Yeah I’ll eat crow on this one, glad to see Bam be what I expected out of him

1 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Harding did an outstanding job this year… guys we n the NFL isn’t the same as having a good offensive line in college though. Our offensive line has been bad-mediocre for several Harding years. If he had done his job as good as he did this year in 2019, we would not have lost until at least the playoff.

he’s a good coach, he certainly earned his paycheck this year.

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

Stats tell a different story.  They do tend to start slow, but always find their way.  You don’t put out this many great rushers without a great Oline.  

2 2

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Pass pro was bottom half of fbs in ‘19 I think…

pedro
            Ute Fan
            @pedro

Go review the film with an objective viewpoint and you will see TH often left a good pocket.  I was ok with it because that is how he made plays.  But quite ofter the pocket remained.

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

Lol… viewpoints aren’t objective buddy.

it’s a statistical fact. In 2019 and 2020 our offensive line was bottom half of fbs. 

check pff 

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

which film? the clips of Huntley getting hit before he had finished his drop and then making something happen downfield on his own? also saw plenty of clips of Moss buried under 4 defenders while all of his linemen were yards away trying to figure out what happened.

Perhaps you could link to the film showing Huntley continually leaving a clean pocket in 2019

Here is a review from an Oregon site prior to the 2019 CCG. Unfortunately the clips do not seem to be working but the descriptions are still good enough that you can understand what he is trying to show. I think you’ll find that Utah’s O-Line was not good in 2019 but Moss and Huntley were able to cover a lot of their errors. Duck Tape: Film Analysis of Utah

2 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Harding was amazing this year. However, there have been many years his line has underperformed. Can’t wait to see consistency from JH. I think he is ready to bring that kind of production year in and year out.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Harding had a great year after Rising stepped in. Utah’s Oline was terrible against the higher level teams in 2019, not good in 2020 and not good the first month of the 2021 season. KW states before the 2021 season Utah’s Oline is as good as ever with 8-10 Oline players fighting for starting positions indicating strong depth. Two months later, the Oline is plagued with injuries and some sort of Coved outbreak. 

To an extent, Harding’s inconsistency hinged on the OC mismanagement by KW. Before Ludwig’s hiring, Utah went through 9 OCs in 11 years. The stability of Ludwig coming in is providing structure for Harding do the job to his full capability. Point is, Harding has had up and down moments of good Oline play. Seems having the OC in place and Ludwigs experties as OC is allowing Harding to dial into a system with clearer direction on how to develop players to run the scheme. Oline should be solid next season. Losing Ford’s leadership and Bam’s monster presence are tough shoes to fill, but good crew stepping in.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Disagree on 9 OC’s in 11 years. https://utahutes.com/sports/football/coaches/2010

2010  Norm Chow
        1 2011  Norm Chow
          2012  Brian Johnson – Aaron Roderick
        1 2013  Brian Johnson – Dennis Erickson
          2014  Aaron Roderick – Jim Harding
        1 2015  Aaron Roderick – Jim Harding
          2016  Troy Taylor
        1 2017  Troy Taylor
          2018  Andy Ludwig
          2019  Andy Ludwig
          2020  Andy Ludwig
          2021  Andy Ludwig
        1 2022  Andy Ludwig

Some of the same guys are there year after year….although the U webpage does omit Dave Christensen.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I count 9 different names if you include Christensen. Also, I think your years are off. Taylor was ’17 & ’18. Ludwig didn’t get rehired until after the 2018 season and was on the hill in time for 2019 Spring Ball.

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

There’s NOT 9 different names with Dave Christensen, you’re likely counting Aaron Roderick too many times. The chart matches the support from the UofU’s webpage, go check it an sort by year, I’m not saying it’s right, but that’s my support. I think it’s folly to have co coordinators for a year, fire them both, and say, “we’ve been through two coordinators in the last year.  I think the U has been through 6 signal callers (including Christensen) in the last 12 years. 

Hellhound152
              Ute Fan
              @hellhound152

Not sure what the chart is saying but here is the breakdown by season based on the guy in the booth:

09′ Dave Schramm relieved by Roderick mid season (allegedly).

10′ Roderick

11′ Chow

12′ Johnson

13′ Erickson/Johnson(back on the sideline)

14′ Christensen relieved by Roderick afer Oregon game (allegedly).

15′ Harding and Roderick (in the booth)

16′ Harding and Roderick (in the booth)

17′ Taylor

18′ Taylor

19′ Ludwig

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m accepting apologies on behalf of J.H. today through Friday