I’m hearing Fisch to Washington, is this legit?

Viewing 7 reply threads

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

If so, that is very good for us.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I understand why you would say it is good for us. But, don’t we want our conference to be as good as possible? If not, we should have just stayed in the MWC.

20 1

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Nope. We want the conference as easy as possible. There is no “long term Big 12”. In 2028-2030, every Big 12 team will be begging to get into the SEC or B1G. Wins = a shot.

We need to win as many games as we can. We need to make the playoffs as much as we can.

Anything else is irrelevant. Look at the P12. It was a hard conference. Anyone can beat anyone. And now it’s gone.

If USC and Oregon had won it every year, played in multiple national championships and won a couple, it would still be around.

Right now, all that matters is wins. And the easier the schedule, the more wins. We need to get to the playoffs, win some games and show we belong.

Just win baby.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Yep. We want to win as many games as we possibly can. If we win our conference, we get into the playoff. The strength of our schedule means very little now.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

If so he will most definitely take Fifita with him.

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Article discussing Fisch

Seattle times is discussing it.

X723
      Ute Fan
      @x723

Footballscoop says he is the next coach at Washington

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

If so, it’ll set back Arizona another three to five years.

Fisch is expected to accept the job and “receive a long-term contract from Washington, in the range of six years, worth in the neighborhood of $9 million per year.

That’s more than Whitt gets based off one winning season.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

How does this work for enrollment? Is it just not an issue if Fisch drags his guys with him?

ryynoo
          Ute Fan
          @ryynoo

UW is on quarters with one starting March 25 so probably not an issue for UW. Not sure about UA though.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

And during the Utes bball game, they just announced that he is taking the job.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

When you put it that way it makes me a little frustrated. I wish I could have one good year and then make more than my counterparts that have been better than me in every other year…

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

I think its wild to put all your eggs in one basket after he had ONE winning year. Yeah, he greatly improved the team, but it could be a flash in the pan. Then again, maybe it was the best hire available.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Brett McMurphy tweeting 1/2 hr ago per another source (ActionnetworkHQ) Fisch has accepted the UW job.

Update: ESPN reporting done deal

Fisch to UW

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Ha. I glad they had fun running up the score vs us. Payback will be a bitch for them.

Warrior Ute
        Ute Fan
        @warriorute

I don’t know if any of the first string players from this year will still be there.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

They’ve got a lot of talent on that team. Fisch is going to need it to replace all of the players Washington is going to lose to the portal after DeBoer’s departure.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I think it is funny that UofA has to hire a coach this late. Also bring in guys to replace the ones leaving with him.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

What’s wild is that you aren’t just hiring a coach. Fisch is going to try to bring as many Arizona players as he can with him, as UW is bare bones right now. That means Arizona’s roster will be decimated.

So, you need an up and coming coach AND that coach needs to be able to bring a QB, OL, defense, etc with them.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah. But they will forever have that win against a sick and injured Utah.

I remember I got into with a few UofA fans on some Utah YouTube videos. I was like Fisch is leaving before your 2024 season. They said I was a fool. Hilarious.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m hearing Fisch to Washington, is this legit?