JQ Jackson

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

How high is too high to get on Jaquindon Jackson?

My expectations are like Moss, Booker level. The speed, the physicality. Like how he can take an upright 6’3 frame and compact it down to explode horizontally to blow up a USC safety. Like how Micah might have tested the portal because of his emergence.
      I’m fawning over what it might look like this year when he’s added pass catcher to his skill set, catching a swing pass out of the backfield in an open field and taking a great angle to beat the safety coming down on him.

Plus another year of off season weights and training to add more physical gifts.

I’m thinking 1 year and bye-bye for the league.

Talk me off the ledge… or give me more Jackson flavored kool-aide. I just need to know where everybody is at.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

JJ for Heisman (with Cam the runner up)!!!

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I’m down!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

We can get Cheech & Chong high on this one.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I love your optimism and I hope you are right.  I need to see more from him.  Can he be that guy who can run the ball 25 times a game?  I like what I saw at the end of last season.  I think the ceiling is high.  My prediction for RB in 2023.

Jackson – 15-20 carries a game

Bernard – 8-10 carries and 3 catches per game

Curry – 5-6 carries per game

Glover – 5-6 carries per game

Rising – 5-6 carries per game

This is pure speculation on my part and any injuries would change all of this.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

I’d prefer to not see Rising run at all, at least not by design.

It has been hard to watch his past two seasons end with injury. I’d hate for that to happen again.

Hopefully he can just get it done through the air.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I think that running the RPO is a big part of what makes Rising successful.  IMO, if he is not a threat to run, he is a good but not great quarterback.

Don’t get me wrong, I (like you) would like him to be successful without being a threat to run.  

Yergensen
        Ute Fan
        @yergensen

Proud, JJ’s cheat code TD run against Penn St didn’t convince you? I’ll take JJ over 2021 TT, he’s the real deal.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Sip…

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I like Jackson a lot and as I said – his ceiling is very high IMO.  However, can he be the guy that can run 25-30 times a game like Moss.  I don’t think he has had more than 15 runs in a game. (With our depth at RB, he may never be required to run the ball 25 times.)

Do not misunderstand my post.  I am excited that Jackson made the move to RB and I am looking forward to what he can do this fall.

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

Proud, are you saying that 25-30 carries per game is your criteria for success? You mention it in both posts. Top NFL RB from 2022 (DHenry, JJacobs, NChubb, CMcCaffrey) averaged 14-20 carries per game. I don’t think the current game, pro or college, sees high carry count as a measuring stick for success and it indisputably shortens RB life.

ProudUte
              Ute Fan
              @proudute

Not exactly.  The original post said JQJ was the next Moss.  Moss was a 25-30 carries per game guy.  That is what I was referencing. JQJ can be very successful at 15-20 carries per game IMO.  

AGAIN, I am a huge JQJ fan!  

D T
                Ute Fan
                @azute1

*JJ, not JQJ per himself

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

If JJ isn’t RB0 or runs for 2,000 yards, I’ll change my username for a year! jk 😉 

He has all the physical tools. Hoping he adds some pass catches and develops as a great blocker, picking up blitzes and such on pass plays. That’s where Bernard has been ahead of him but JJ has an even better body for this. His QB experience hopefully helps him read the defense and react. Some early projections have him top 5 PAC12 RB. Stay healthy and he will have a great year. But, if there is a ding or two, the season is also not lost …

Definitely interesting as we have a deep backfield (totally needed with injuries). Any of 4 backs could probably have a 100 yard game this season. Bernard is a complete athlete. Curry could be short yard back. Glover has promise. Even Vincent could turn out to be good (just likely won’t get many carries unless injuries happen). Hoping Rising is selective, but a 10-15 yard pick-up once or twice a game (slide!) or running TD likely in the cards. Nate could pop in for some ‘trick’ plays, but just seems like we run that once or twice to put it on film then don’t do much more (saving it for the right moment that never comes).

It’s too bad that in general, RBs are cheap and drafted later, run hard, then get injured in the NFL. Bijan and Gibbs broke a 1st round avoidance (but def an opportunity cost for a qb, de, ot, wr, s that is better to get in the early rounds of the draft).

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I think pass blocking is an interesting call out. I have know idea what kind of pass blocker he is. If he still has improvement there that could hamstring things in a bad way.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I think Utah’s offense will be very good and do that with maybe no all conference first team selections in the end. Not because they don’t have anyone good enough, it will happen because there are so many weapons at all the spots. The offense can rotate without drop-off. No one leading in passing, receiving, or rushing but the offense will keep up with any other in the conference. The good news is Utah can play the 4th quarter with fresh 1s because of the rotations. It is hard for other DCs to plan for multiple weapons at so many spots. Possibly, game by game, matchups and schemes will determine who on offense sees more time.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.