Good luck Lamar. We never knew you.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Who?

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Seems to me he was asked to look elsewhere? Maybe we have our hooks in a bigger fish

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Radcliffe is an interesting case. (Caveat that I don’t have all his film and wouldn’t be the person most qualified to break it down anyway)

He had an incredible sophomore season and got recruiting sites as a composite high 3 star.

Then he missed all of his junior year with injury… But his recruiting rating kept going up until he was a composite 4 star.

Then during his senior year, his composite rating has turned mostly downward… Back to high composite 3 star.

So lots of uncertainty on him. Is he a stud who just isn’t fully recovered? Is he a sophomore flash in the plan (think Adarrius Harshaw who was a similar spot, decommited and ended up at Cal Poly)

I’d have to know more, but he could be a big loss as one of our higher rated commits… Or he could be ‘just a guy’.

My personal opinion is I’d probably rather keep him – he’s shown great potential at some point and we don’t have a large class, but I’d want someone to break down his recent film and to know what else we have in the pipeline among recruits

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

What about his younger brother, Leron? One to watch?

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Cam’s returning is gonna have a ripple effect on guys staying who might not have otherwise.

I’ve heard that both Bernard and Jackson will return next season now add Glover and the three freshman and the RB room is full.

There are only some many scholarships to go around

Good luck to him but this is simply a numbers crunch.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

At some point with NIL money it’s going to come to a coach saying, “Bro you make $XXX a year from NIL. Can I take you off scholarship so we can put this kid on scholarship?”

Seems like a reasonable ask for dudes making real $$$.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I’m pretty certain that’s happening already in other teams.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

Seems pretty stupid that you cant put as many kids on scholarship as you want in the first place. What kind of rule is that? Put 500 kids on scholarship for hell’s sake.

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Actually years ago in my day 105 scholarships were allowed. But the blue blood schools stacked up incredible depth on the bench. The number was reduced to 95 and later to 85. This was clearly better for college football making it easier for more schools to compete. I think 85 works well and now with NIL it is quite necessary.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Lamar Radcliffe de-commit