looks like we might be losing Ena

Viewing 6 reply threads

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

Yeah, this is what I was worried about when I saw Gary getting the USU job.  He burned bridges with several of his previous staffers so it was obvious he would take a few of our guys with him.  Kind of a dick move considering KW hired him back without question after his OSU stint, but not unexpected.

sweetgrass
        Ute Fan
        @sweetgrass

its a promotion for Ena, so I’m sure Whitt understands

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

I get that and I’m happy for Ena, but just saying he probably wouldn’t be leaving had we not hired Gary last year.  Obviously that’s just an assumption on my end, but if he takes anymore coaches it will be a bit frustrating.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Good for Ena but at the same time I wouldn’t trust GA. 

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Nice promotion for Justin Ena.  Position coaches are very fluid.  Wish him well, next man up for the Utes.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Truthfully it’s the sign of a healthy organization when you lose employees because they’ve been offered a promotion elsewhere. Utah football churns out in-demand coaches. 

That makes it easier to attract up and coming talent when they see that Utah coaches can move up in the world. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

losing him isn’t a good thing for the team, but it’s not a huge deal IMO. He’s obviously a good coach, but he wasn’t here for long enough to have a real impact, and we have plenty of guys we can hire with pedigree’s equal to or better than his own. We just hired Sione, who will be as good or better than Ena most likely.

I think we need to hire someone with more experience to fill the role that Anderson left when he took the USU job.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Every assistant coach in America wants to be elevated. They want the status of an increased title or responsibility, they want increased income for themselves/family or they want an improved locale just like any of the rest of us. Coach Ena is fairly young in coaching and wants to climb the ladder. Great for him and his family…increased responsibility and a pay raise as well. We have a DC…Justin wants to prove he can do that job. He’d be crazy not to take it…has to be a coordinator to be an HC.

There was probably only one HC job that Gary would have been offered based on the past 5 years and that was Utah St. It’s his chance to be relevant again and honestly if it doesn’t go well it’s his last chance to be a head coach…why not roll the dice?

Sione is a fantastic new addition to the program…an incredible recruiter, coach and an even better man for these kids to be around. We’ll replace Justin with a highly qualified coach as well…plenty of aspiring guys out there who want to be part of a successful P5 program that promotes from within and provides bigger opportunities for their staff.

Frankly if your leader isn’t developing talent that others covet then he’s not worth his salt…the more guys we send out with connections to the U the larger the candidate pool becomes when we need to make a change.

The program is in excellent shape and should remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

What do you think about Trevor Reilly taking over for Ena?  I think that’s a possibility.  

TribalUte
          Ute Fan
          @tribalute

Anyone that can help us with recruiting will be a good hire, IMO. No matter who is coaching Whitt will make sure the LB’s are good. We just need to land great athleates. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

If he learns how to bathe I think he’d be great. 

Mr Chainsaw
          Ute Fan
          @mrchainsaw

Nice try Trevor.

Chidojuan
          Ute Fan
          @chidojuan

Wasn’t he getting involved with the Stallions somehow?

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Is he a current graduate assistant?

UteManX
          Ute Fan
          @utemanx

Get him in there. Its far more stable than the SL Stallions. I want the Stallions to succeed, but lets be honest, there is a reason football ends in the winter. Trevor, you will make a great coach and recruiter and of course relatable to the players and able to share experience. I can only imagine in a few year Coach Scalley, with DC Reilly and OC Smith. 

ryynoo
      Ute Fan
      @ryynoo

I think Trevor would be a great hire!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football looks like we might be losing Ena