Notes from the Kuithe interview yesterday

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Says he will miss camp and the comradery with his teammates.

He participated in the scrimmage and was glad to get the reps.

KW is less hardnosed than he was when he first arrived.

Vele came out of nowhere a few years ago and now he is one of the team’s best players.  He’s excited to see what Vele can do this year.

He loves the offensive they are using.  They spread the ball around more than most teams.

He thinks that there may be more passes to the wideouts this year.

Defense held the ones to only one TD on Saturday.  But, every starter did not play or got limited reps.

He thinks O’toole has done a great job converting to defensive end.  We have a lot of depth at the defensive end.

Said his brother has graduated and is working for Goldman Sachs in Salt Lake.  He misses having his brother on the team.

It’s more difficult to prep for a team with a new coaching staff.  The team realizes that Florida has some great talent.

He saw the video with the Florida player talking smack about Utah.  It has made the rounds in the locker room.  He said it is motivation they didn’t need but will use.  When the game starts – none of the other stuff matters.  He said that the Utes will remain quiet and not respond.

He is not a big talker on the field.  He says he never initiates it.  Most of our team doesn’t talk much.

Diabate is a bit of a talker in practice and a very high-energy guy.  He is anxious to see him play against his former teammates.

Now that camp is over – they get together from 2:00 to 6:00 every day.

I wish Riley would let Kuithe talk more and ask less-leading questions.  However, it is still interesting to hear his perspectives.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I like Riley, however, he sometimes takes too long to ask a question and provides too much detail that is expected in the answer. He could get quicker into letting his interview talk. I think it is because he wants his content to be well packed so pushes a bit. Still, he is good for us.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Agreed

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I love Bill, but there are times I’m yelling “shut up and let them talk”.  So I TOTALLY agree with you.  He’s a 100% Utah homer.

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

I thought Kuithe was one of the biggest talkers on the team during games haha. I remember several times seeing him get in the face of defenses. Which I love!

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I thoroughly enjoy BR as is!

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I also enjoy him as well, it is just something that he could do better.

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Says he will miss camp and the comradery with his teammates.”

Why is he missing camp? Is he injured?

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

No, this was his final U Fall Camp…..He won’t be going through another one…..That’s what he’ll miss.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Camp ended on Saturday after the scrimmage.  School started this week.  During camp the guys are together from 6:30 AM to 8:30 PM.  Now they are together from about 2:00 to 6:00.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Notes from the Kuithe interview yesterday