Photo of Newly Installed Turf

Viewing 4 reply threads

younglurch
      Ute Fan
      @younglurch

Great shot of the new field turf with interlocking U logo from the Utah Football subreddit for those who are not on it. For an added bonus the picture gives a sense of how the expanded stadium will look at night!

I personally love the interlocking U logo over the bland block U we had before. Can’t wait to see Rice-Eccles rocking again soon. 

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

This looks sooo good…love it!!! Thanks for posting the pic. RES has never looked better with the new KG Red Zone and field. Can’t wait to see it full and rocking this season!!

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

That is a huge upgrade. Love the interlocking U’s and the removal of the black outlines on the lettering/logos. Really makes them pop.

The previous turf, even though it was only a few years old, looked crappy. It had a weird sheen to it under the stadium lights. Hopefully this new turf doesn’t do that.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

i believe that they water the field before the teams get on it for warmups as it helps with traction – counterintuitive but it works. that could be the sheen you are referring to for night games and not something to do with the turf itself.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Can’t wait to see what the uni’s look like! /s

Block U logo – Drum and Feather helmets…

Interlocking U’s – Block U helmets???

What a s**t show!!! Please keep the pink stadium chairs!!! They absolutely tie everything together and make the stadium look 🔥🔥 🔥

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

Personally, the pink chairs don’t bother me.  It’s not like you notice anything on game day when the place is full of fans. 

I imagine that adjusting the hue of the chairs isn’t a very high priority right now.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Plastic pitch

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Photo of Newly Installed Turf