Portal Kicker signed

Viewing 7 reply threads

SoCarolinaUte2
      Ute Fan
      @socarolinaute1

Just signed Colorado kicker Cole Becker. Has 2 years left. 

SoCarolinaUte2
      Ute Fan
      @socarolinaute1

Becker was 63 – 94 on TB attempts. (Utes were 29-96) 25 – 33 FG long of 56. 45-46 on extra points over last 2 years.

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

Huge improvement. He had 43 kickoffs last year, only 7 of them returned. Also was 11-13 on field goals, with a long of 49.

3 1

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Improvement is a pretty low bar. In my mid-50’s I can still strap up the cleats, tighten the chinstrap and put as many kickoffs in the endzone with my left foot as Utah kickers did this year

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

#1 kicker in 2021.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Career long of 56 is awesome. Can you imagine one of our kickers last season attempting a 56 yarder? Would’ve landed in some sideline seats

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Good pickup. He was solid at Colorado.

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Wow what will it be like to see the ball go out the back of the endzone and not stress about our coverage!

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

At least now with this kid, if the kick doesn’t go out of the end zone, we know it was called by the coaches.  I have never seen any risk/reward calculation that would tell a coach to NOT try to kick it out of the end zone.  If you cover a decent kick you are likely only to gain 3-4 net yards vs. the 25 guaranteed but you increase your chance of long return or a touchdown return by 100% if you don’t kick the touchback.  The math isn’t there so if I ever hear Kyle say that they called it that way then I have to call them out for pretty blatant stupidity.  The only scenario where it might make sense is if you are behind and are looking for a turnover but you can do that on any play.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Portal Kicker signed