Preferred Start Times

Viewing 11 reply threads

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

With the variety of game start times we have been seeing, I was curious to know the preferred start times for my fellow Utah fans.

I personally prefer the games to start in the 5-6pm time window. Games that start earlier wipe out my Saturday productivity. Games that start later keep me up too late.

What about yours?

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I love night games (I think I’m the only one). This is because I have kids and I like spending my Saturdays with them and doing other things around the house and yard. Night games allow me to get the younger kids in bed and I can largely enjoy the game in peace. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

6PM is ideal for me.  Earlier times disrupt much of the day as many of us have children or grandchilden in my case, participating in various events and keeps one from weekend chores/errands.   With 7/8 PM starts, while you can get other activities out of the way first, end up getting home rather late.  

SalUteopia
          Ute Fan
          @saluteopia

+1 to evening games, those are more fun! Though I’m in a position to attend at any time of the day 😃

BoiseUTE
          Ute Fan
          @slarson150

I too like around 6pm starts best.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I am probably the odd man out, but I like Thursday or Friday night games at 6:00.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

Through October – Saturday night at 7 pm (or about).  Love RES under the lights at night.

When it used to get cold/snowy in November – the warmth of Saturday afternoon, about 1 pm start.

I don’t care for these early games under the heat/glare of the sun.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

Watching on TV = doesn’t really matter since I can plan my day however I want.

Attending a game = noon or 1 local time. I like to get into town the night before, have a nice dinner and get out on the town. Get up at normal time, watch the game, and enjoy the rest of the day. The last thing I want is to finish the game at 10 or later and have nothing to do but go back to the hotel room with all of that adrenaline.

Saturday’s game ended around 11pm here in Arizona. By the time I got out of the stadium, it was too early to go to bed but too late to really do anything fun.

KLars04
      Ute Fan
      @klars04

I enjoy the evening and night games in terms of an atmosphere perspective. I feel like RES is more electric at night. However, with weather in mind, I hate September day games with the sun bearing down on you and the bleachers reflecting the light on you, those games are miserable. I can handle winter night games by adding on another layer of clothing but there’s not much you can do for those September day games to keep cool.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

12:30 PT

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The day games are good in that I can bring my 9 year old.  8PM games mean I can’t bring him since it is basically starting at his bed time. If I can’t bring him, then either the wife says home too, or I have to fork out $ for a sitter, which really ads up if you tailgate too. In terms of atmosphere a 7pm game is probably best. In winter conditions I’d probably prefer day since it may be a few degrees warmer, but that’s no guarantee. 

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

The West Side of RES has spoken

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

2pm-4pm the perfect start time. Late night crap blows.

Even though some of the best Utes games I’ve witnessed were late night during the undefeated seasons, I’m getting too old to pay the next day anymore.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I like a good 6 pm start for attending and watching on television. 

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

I’m eastern time zone. These 10:30 Eastern start times are killer. Means the game doesn’t end until 2 in the morning…

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Preferred Start Times