Steve Smith is a treasure

Viewing 2 reply threads

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

MFury
      Ute Fan
      @mfury

Who’s more angry, jets fans for tds fans?

CB
      Ute Fan
      @solidhobo

Steve Smith will forever be the greatest Ute at talking s**t lol

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

i always loved the story about him putting the article calling him the “biggest waste of a third round pick on a punt returner” (Sporting News?) in every locker during his career. quote paraphrased

best Steve Smith memory would be the game he had a receiving, punt return and kick return td. for some reason i think he was responsible for all of Utah’s points that game but I could be conflating

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

You’re thinking about the Air Force game in 1999.  Steve Smith caught two TD passes and had a punt return TD.  Utah won 21-15.

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

thank you. i tried to verify but sports-reference only has game stats going back to 2000.

i remember sportscenter making a big deal about it so i guess i wanted to remember it being better than it was.

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

I’ll never forget his touchdown celebrations. He scored a touchdown against the Vikings and dropped down on his butt rowing. That next season, the NFL disallowed celebrations where the player touched the ground or used the football as a prop.

I call it the Steve Smith Sr rule. We should start a thread of Steve Smith celebrations. 🤣

2008 National Champ
            Ute Fan
            @cptmrgn05

to be fair, the oneupsmanship going on that season between TO, Chad Johnson, etc had gotten a bit out of hand. i didn’t mind the celebrations per se, but once props started being hidden in each end zone in anticipation of a receiving td(s), it completely overshadowed the game itself in terms of coverage.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Steve Smith is a treasure