“Take the dresses off.”

Viewing 6 reply threads
      18 3

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

So, Troy Aikman said, “Take the dresses off” when referring to the questionable roughing the passer call on MNF.  Now, people are asking for his job and saying things like he is anti-woman.  

Wow, anything you say can be so twisted today.  He meant nothing anti-woman with his comment.  It is just a phrase.  I understand that there are inappropriate things that should not be said on TV, but this …

The next thing that will happen is that I won’t be able to call my golfing partners, “Alice” when their putt is short.  That is going too far.

7 3

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

It’s a rough world for us men nowadays, @proudute. We had a good run, though.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

PS Pretty proud of myself, about 5 years ago, I was able to get in a random ass slap while walking in my neighborhood. That’s probably my last, end of an era.

32 3

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Western society as we know it has morphed into something entirely unrecognizable from our childhood for anyone that is older than 30 years old.

Aikman should tell all the critics to stop being such pussies.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

That made me laugh.  Thanks!

Kyler Marvin
        Ute Fan
        @youngute

I am only 21 and it feels a lot different from when I was in grade school already, a lot of things have changed for my younger siblings I feel like, something’s are good others are debatable.

gandalf
        Ute Fan
        @gandalf

Johnny Lawrence, is that you?

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I had to look this up this reference. Karate Kid is a television series now. Who woulda thunk it?

7 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think this is an example of where you tend to be at as human in this world. Being offended by this is stupid. But the simple fact that people feel like they need to defend it is equally stupid. 

Probably doesn’t make a lot of sense to you but good god this is lame all around. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Keep your skirt on.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I have had a theory for some time now that @proudute and @battlegroundute are the same person.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I was not trying to defend Aikman.  It probably was not a great choice of words.  It just slipped out when he was doing a broadcast.  I just don’t get going after a guy’s job because an innocent phrase like that slipped out.

perceptionate
        Ute Fan
        @perceptionate

There isn’t an equivalence here. If you don’t defend someone being attacked disproportionately for “wrong” speech, then the attackers will win. This just isn’t a situation where it makes sense to be neutral.

Frankly, we should know this with our relationship to BYU. Yeah, don’t be intentionally offensive to BYU alum. But when they come after you for offending them when it wasn’t your intent, you absolutely do not bow down to them (unless you want to be controlled by their values).

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

Is a BYU alum fundamentally different from any active member of the church?

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

I usually fall back on  one of the great literary quotes of all time. “GET OFF OF MY LAWN”

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I thought that was my quote when I had the private party with all the cheerleaders in my dorm room back in college.  Just kidding… I didn’t have a dorm room. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Question: What person who watches football would have been offended by this comment? 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

There are a lot of people in the PNW that watch football. People up there look for any reason to be offended.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I seem to have offended some people from outside the PNW, @flip2848. People not from here are easily offended.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc “Take the dresses off.”