TDS

Viewing 13 reply threads

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

what score would we all like to see agaisnt the TDS?

54 to 10 would be nice!

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

My head says 54-10 or there abouts because we should give them a beat down and it would make us look good.

My heart loves (and hates) close football games that keep me engaged until the end, so I’d also enjoy a solid 24-21 win on a fluke play that rips the heart out BYU fans once again. But now that I think about it more, just give a good old fashioned blow out.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I hate hearing about their moral victories after they lose to us (ie 1 score loss and would’ve won if not for the refs, “gifting” you a pick 6 or multiple TOs, some critical injury, etc etc etc). That more than anything is why I’d like to see us open a serious can of whoop ass on them for #10! At the very least, my expectation is a 2 score victory or better…go Utes!!!

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Utah blew them out and took a knee on the 1 yard line to keep from running up the score in 2019 and they still claim they “gave the game away”.

Something tells me after this year they’ll be claiming last year’s team would have won this year, but Utah chickened out or something like that.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

No doubt! They are already saying this and pounding their chests about being last year’s runner up champs of the Sun Belt Conference…what a joke.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

What do you mean “after this year”? There are already mouthbreathers on CB who are saying the streak reset because Utah forfeited last year.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

Oh I don’t doubt it. I haven’t checked cougarboard in a while and I don’t live in Utah so thankfully, I don’t have to talk to tds fans. They’re quite possibly the most annoying people on the planet.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Blow. Out.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I just put $100 on Utes -7.5 in Vegas, so a comfortable 14-21 point win would help. Baby needs a new pair of shoes. 

idahoute
        Ute Fan
        @tfute

Huh? Tony, you are being facetious right?  Utes win by 7 you still lose the shoes.

No cushion is big enough in that game….ever

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Nope I made the bet. That .5 point is a bugger, but hey if the Utes win by 7 or less I’ll be $100 poorer but still happy!

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

I’m hoping for something closer in line with 28-10.  A big defensive showing mixed with a few surprise players on offense would be an ideal start to the season IMO.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Haha… I love these predictions.  On paper, BYU is no longer in Utah’s league when it comes to talent.  I read a tweet or a Facebook post a couple of days ago and had to go investigate it myself because I couldn’t believe it.  Out of BYU’s 2022 commits so far (13) they have exactly TWO, count ’em, TWO offers from P5 schools.  That’s not two different signees with multiple offers, that’s two P5 offers among all 13 guys.  Now I’m sure they’ll have some excuse as to why their recruiting sucks, but whatever.  The thing is, the Utah game is their Super Bowl every year.  They come out totally jacked up.  Weird stuff happens and it keeps the score close.  It’s almost a given that Whitt is going to take his foot off the gas pedal at some point too.  He’s totally happy with running the ball down their throat in the second half in one long 17-minute drive.  I don’t know if it’s because BYU his alma mater, or maybe he doesn’t want to embarrass his golfing buddy, Kalani, or maybe he just doesn’t want to show the Pac 12 teams anything they can use to scheme against us.  Like I’ve said, I stay away from betting on this one.  SHOULD we win 54-10… YES.  But will we?  I wouldn’t bet on it.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Utah by 14. It would be 21 but they get a garbage time td. With 15 sacks.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

What are your feelings about your show’s reboot?

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Binging the s**t out of it!!!

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

We need to win big to bring their fan base back down to earth. It’s amazing how c**ky they got after beating a bunch of nobodies last year.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Right?  I have a buddy that wants me to admit that they would have beat us last year.  Seriously, what makes them think they would have beat us… they couldn’t even beat Coastal Carolina?  I try to explain that all you have to do to beat Zach Wilson is to put a little pressure on him.  The lines they faced last year couldn’t do that.  P5 lines can.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Won’t ever happen. In fact I am convinced that they don’t come from earth.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

I would love a complete beatdown. I could watch that all day. The fact is even a bad tds team may beat a terrible Arizona team in week 1, this would be bigger than any win they got last year. Their fans will be all frothed up and irrational. A complete demoralizing thrashing would be fantastic.  

Great1Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tribute

The cougs have some athletes at wide receiver and a fairly experienced Oline.  But during the streak they have averaged about 17.5 points a game against us and scored over 20 points about 30% of the time.  I don’t think they top their average score this year. 

On the other side, Utah’s 2019 offense only scored 23 (plus the pick 6 from the D) and that was one of Utah’s best offenses in recent memory.  And yes, I know we took a knee to end the game.  At the same time, BYU will be breaking in a brand new defense, including basically a new defensive line. So, if Brewer starts and is already comfortable with the new offense, I think we score 30+ again.  If Rising is the guy, I think we score a bit less. Call it 31-14 or 27-17. 

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

They lost three of their best at OL, what are you talking about?

4 2

Great1Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tribute

Not an expert in Cougar football.  I was just looking at their roster and saw that they have a couple of returning starters (Empey and Barrington).  That’s a good start. The expected new starters include Keanu Saleapaga who is game tested. Their oline isn’t as strong as last year, but I don’t think it is unfair to say the oline is fairly experienced.  Its not like they are starting from scratch.

CB
            Ute Fan
            @solidhobo

Yeah but they lost their OLine coach so it’s basically a new line starting from scratch

CB
        Ute Fan
        @solidhobo

We had 2 pick 6 in 2019. Francis Bernard had one and Julian Blackmon had the other

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

I hope they score 45 against AZ and get their Sun Belt hopes up again and then get shut out against the Utes. I want them to realize they don’t belong and it’ll take them 10 + years IF they get to a P5 conference before they’ll have a chance.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

Any win would be good. I want to go 10 straight on them so badly that it makes me super nervous every time we play. I’m guessing we win 27-10. 

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

72-0, taking a knee to end the game. Complete annihilation.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.