TDS

Viewing 10 reply threads

ALUF
      Ute Fan
      @dbgii77

Work has been painful from TDS fans today. “We threw you a lifeboat” “1984” “2021 Pac-12 champs”.

This will be the one painful thing about the xii outside of playing 0 blue bloods in conference

14 1

Anfernee
      Ute Fan
      @anfernee

I try not to play in the pig pen with them but when someone is being extra zoobnoxious I say “It took you 12 years and us 6 hours.” Also, it must be a lifeboat attached to a yacht cause Utah is getting full share from the get-go unlike the SS Poo Poo.

7 1

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Right? I commented on that on the DNews about this the other day.

Attn: Zoob nation:

The Big 12 did NOT throw the Utes a lifeline!

Zoob nation continues to assert that they’ll be joining the Big XII as its biggest brand, and that the tdS had added immense value to the the Big XII’s media contract.

And yet it took ybU-p 30-yrs of primping, preening, begging, pleading…

plus the departures of that conference’s biggest brands…

…to finally obtain an invite. And even then, it would only be with a “partial share”.

Meanwhile, per zoob nation’s constant assertions, Utah was the most hated school of the 4-corners group.

And yet, it only took us less than 6-hrs to join…

…despite 2-yrs of continually waiving off the Big XII’s advances. And we’ll be receiving a “full share” right from the start.

Why? Why give a larger share to a hated school who’d made a habit of stiff-arming you, while doling out smaller share to a school who couldn’t be happier to be there?

Answer: Because the Big 12 needed all the 4-corner schools. They needed us! The addition of the 4-corner schools benefited the Big 12. There was no “altruism” there on behalf of the Big XII. If there were, the “midmajor 4” would be full share members too. To suggest the Big XII offered a lifeline is no difference than should the 4-corner schools assert that we threw them one by agreeing to come, and adding relevancy and stability to it, lest they’d be stuck with having to add UConn and Memphis instead.

So get over yourselves. There was no “lifeline”.

Crow
        Ute Fan
        @crow

Little brother we threw byu a life line during independence. We did not have to continue the series but we did. How many games did you sell out of yeah 1.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

This story sounds fake because it doesn’t have bear spray or a bear beer spray.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Mention Utah gets a full share out of the gate while they have to wait a few years.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Remind them what the series record is between us the last dozen years.

And as far as boats go, you could remind them that with Utah immediately getting a full share of media $$$$ (and BYU a partial share a few more years) it’s sort of like on ocean liners where Utah is in the first class section with the Cougars down in steerage.

UtesRule
        Ute Fan
        @utesrule

You are being generous only stating Utah’s dominance over the last dozen years…Utah is 19-8 in the last 28 games dating back to 1993! That’s Perry dominant over a 30 year period.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

A lifeboat?
      Utah waited and courted the big10 for as long as they could and still made it be known they preferred the P2 conference. Yet as soon as they said sure we’ll join your conference(the big12) they were voted in unanimously in a few hours.

I think it was pretty obvious who wanted who.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

All you have to do is call them “half shares”. Game over.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Partial Share Down South

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

Ah, yes, the “life boat” narrative. LMAO!!!

BYU fans are extremely bitter and butthurt about Utah crashing their party, and it’s causing them to act like a bunch of drunk clowns. Even other Big12 fanbases on twitter are beginning to notice the irrational angst. It’s hilarious. They’ve been trying really, really hard to run with this particular braindead narrative, but it’s not getting traction. Here’s why:

We know now that if the Big12 didn’t add us and other Pac12 schools, the ACC was going to. Which is exactly why the Big12 brought us in as full revenue members. Yormark couldn’t risk letting the ACC make a move because the Big12 is posturing to be the third best football conference and an ACC with the “best of the rest” Pac schools would have been a formidable threat to deal with in the future. He’s no dummy.

Also, there were reports going all the way back to July of 2022 that said the Big12 had interest in the “four corner” schools. Brett McMurphy even went as far as saying getting these schools was Yormark’s “dream scenario”. Pete Thamel said on many occasions that the Big12 had been “heavily courting” the “four corners” for a long time.

So, no, BYU fans. Your conference didn’t throw us a life boat. The Big12 wanted us all along, and even IF (HUGE IF) the Big12 didn’t add us for some reason, the ACC would have.

2 3

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

If Colorado and Arizona hadn’t jumped the gun, we could have found a home in the ACC. I would have SO much more preferred THAT league to the Big 12, if it came with the 4 corners and NorCal schools. Now we’ll have to sleep in the bed that we’d made.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

I’ve thought and wondered about this as well. Turns out, the Big12 move was better. If we were brought into the ACC onto their current GOR, our 2024 total payout (media + other distributions) would be around $40M and marginally better each year until 2036.

Our first year in the Big12, the total payout will be around $42M. The 2025 payout under the new deal will be closer to $50M.

The Big12 was the right move.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

They said, we? They haven’t played a down in the 12 yet and they don’t get a full share. They are lucky the 12 wanted 16 or they would have been kicked out to get us in.

Ted Lasso
        Ute Fan
        @tedlasso

There are reports now coming out that all B12 schools, including BYU, UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati, will now be receiving full shares beginning in 2024.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Reports from which sources? Do you have any links?

7 1

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

I’ve seen no such reports either. And you can be sure that if there were, Dick Harmon, Jay Drew, and/or Dave McCann would have already reported on it by now. So you’re gonna have to back that up. Links please….

1 2

Ted Lasso
            Ute Fan
            @tedlasso

Here ya go: https://www.si.com/college/byu/football/byu-will-get-full-big-12-revenue-share-in-2024

I heard it first on 365 sports when they interviewed Baylor’s AD. Turns out that I can’t be sure that Dick Harmon, Jay Drew, and/or Dave McCann would have reported on it by now.

1 1

ABC123
              Ute Fan
              @canuhearme

This is actually great news. It’ll be one less excuse for them to make.

thirtyfour-thirtyone
              Ute Fan
              @thirtyfour-thirtyone

TDS is letting the B-12 use their vaunted HD truck in exchange for a full share.

Tacoma Ute
              Ute Fan
              @tacomaute

https://www.si.com/college/byu/football/byu-will-get-full-big-12-revenue-share-in-2024

Read the update at the bottom of the article. No full share zoobs.

Ted Lasso
                Ute Fan
                @tedlasso

LOL that’s a bummer. Uh oh well, it is what it is. My apologies for the false report.

3 1

PhiladelphiaUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @philadelphiaute

That’s what happens when you use ybU-p fanboy sites as proof. Nothing on cougarboard, DeepShadesOfBlue, VanquishTheFoe, The Daily Universe, or Cougs Daily counts as proof. They just make stuff up there, because only zoobies read them, and zoobs will believe anything that they feel aggrandizes themselves.

When even Dick Harmon, Jay Drew, and Dave McCann aren’t reporting it, you should know it’s false.

3 6

Ted Lasso
                    Ute Fan
                    @tedlasso

I actually heard it while listening to Baylor’s AD, it didn’t come from a BYU fan website. All I know is that I get lil dick syndrome vibes from you.

4 1

PhiladelphiaUte
                      Ute Fan
                      @philadelphiaute

So you were caught being easily suckered into believing some fake news story, and your first thought to assuage your disappointment that it wasn’t actually true was to fantasize about the size of my penis?

Well…I guess it’s safe to say that we all learned a little something more about you today, didn’t we?

Personally, I don’t care that you harbor homoerotic ideations, but UteHub is a forum for “University of Utah sports”. Perhaps you should try “Grinder” for your other objectification hobbies. I believe you’ll find a lot more of what you’re looking for over there for that sort of thing, than you will over here.

4 1

Ted Lasso
                        Ute Fan
                        @tedlasso

If you haven’t been able to tell, I didn’t respond to other people the way I did to you. I don’t care about being wrong, but you in particular rub me the wrong way on this board. You clearly lack normal human social skills and you present yourself as kind of an ass. I literally have no problem with anyone on this board except for you and dystopiamembrane when he used to be on the board.

But I’ll just make it easier on both of us and I’ll block you and then we just don’t have to interact with each other on this site.

PhiladelphiaUte
                        Ute Fan
                        @philadelphiaute

In addition to blocking me, you can also try logging on to Grinder to to get your daily fix of meat gazing.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

This kind of trash is exactly why I SO enjoyed being in a league without them. Every day with them it is some kind of p**sing contest between stadium smack to TV smack to brand smack to whatever dumb thing they can think of to complain about. It’s all so tiresome and childish.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.