Televised games

Viewing 7 reply threads

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

Anyone know when PAC12 Networks is set to shut down and whether the Big 12 network is going to be available in the West, and especially Utah. Also what packages and whether basic or higher cost premium packages of comcast, direct tv, etc. Hope there isn’t another situation where the companies don’t come to agreements and don’t carry the network.

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Is there a Big 12 network?

PNW Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pnwute

There is no Big XII network. They have an agreement with ESPN and Fox series of stations to televise games.

There was Big XII network, but I think it ceased like 10 years ago. Get ready to subscribe to ESPN+!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Will very much need ESPN+ beginning next year for a lot of Utah games. Was using it to watch Baylor/BYU last night.

1 2

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

We are back to MWC days…well not that bad, but pretty close.

FOX will pick up some games. ESPN will pick up others. ESPN+ will have the rest. Hopefully they don’t not televise the s**tty games, like when we play FCS teams.

We SHOULD be able to get all games on tv, but that’s not a lock anymore. The good news is, we should be a top team in the Big 12, which means we should be ranked most weeks, which means out of all the Big 12 teams, we should be one that people will want to see, so we should be on FOX and ABC and ESPN a bit more than ESPN+ and KJZZ (lol).

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

Yeah, tier three rights are going to be as frustrating at the new place as the old one.

Roy Rangum
        Ute Fan
        @royrangum

You really think there is a chance that some of the Big12 games won’t be televised at all? In this day and age that feels hard to believe, but if true that makes me sad.

krindor
          Ute Fan
          @krindor

I do a lot of work tracking ratings and viewership. It’s been a long time since any Big 12 game wasn’t at least on ESPN+. But most teams will have a few ESPN+ games each year (including nearly every FCS game). Depends on if you view ESPN+ as ‘televised’ or not.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

B12 is on ESPN+ 😒

BleedsRedUte
      Ute Fan
      @bleedsredute

I went frugal on my last comcast renewal and don’t have the extra espn channels like espn+, news, U, so I will wait and hope that most games are on the basic channels. Darn, this change in conferences is affecting my pocketbook.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Um, there’s a lot less inventory with the Pac-12 basically gone. They’re going to have to fill those timeslots with other games, and our home games and games in the four corners are going to fill some late slots on the main nets.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Good point!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Televised games