That’s Pro Bowl QB Tyler Huntley to you!

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Raise your hand if you had Tyler Huntley in the Pro Bowl on your bingo card. 

2 2

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Look, I’m not an NFL guy, like I watched may 2 hours total of the NFL this season. But I did follow it and specifically followed our Utes. I’m not sure Huntley was THAT great to warrant a Pro Bowl. I’m super stoked for him and happy for him, but I think it’s a bit of a stretch.

2 2

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

I love Snoop and I don’t want to hate but it’s kinda silly.  He threw two touchdowns. I don’t know why he was listed as the fourth alternate, beyond a willingness to actually play in the skills competition and flag football game.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

The alternates are picked by the players and they vote on them. 

Now, did Tyler deserve a spot due to his play? Probably not. But Zach Wilson didn’t deserve to be the #2 pick based on his play either. That’s how the world works. If you have a gun for an arm and are beautiful, you have shot to be picked #2. 

If you work hard and people around the league like you, when it comes time to vote for the Pro Bowl Alternates, you have a shot to be voted for. 

It is what it is. 

Huntley did what he needed to do and he is now a pro bowler. Congrats to him!

2 1

Anfernee
          Ute Fan
          @anfernee

The sweet spirit of pro bowlers!

fosternano
          Ute Fan
          @fosternano

If anything hopefully it adds to his stock for next season and can negotiate higher contract.

What he does each season, Baltimore is getting away with underpaying him and they know it.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Where is Lamar Jackson going/not going?   Ravens may use franchise tag on him?  Do they see an “out” from writing a massive contract by letting him go elsewhere as a free agent and retaining Huntley? 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

The Pro Bowl is an odd outdated thing and more odd than all star games in the NBA MLB. Because of the level of physical play I think football players do not like meaningless games more than other athletes. The game is outdated, we need to find a way to recognize the best players without a game. We don’t need All Americans in college to have a game to note who they are. Does someone actually watch the game? The majority of the best players are involved in the playoffs which is enough extra games for almost everybody. That said, I am happy for any recognition Snoop gets.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I volunteered at the 1993 NBA All Star game in SLC. Was lucky to meet a young Shaquille Oneal. Thought it was a big deal. Maybe because I’m 30 years older, doesn’t seem a big deal at all these days, the All Star games.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

You need to make it more of an event. I don’t know what else to do. A game isn’t really watchable. I like the idea of a flag football game. 

Maybe invite some college players to play in the flag football game? Maybe do a coaches vs alum flag football? 

You have to do it in an appealing location. Phoenix, LA, Florida…somewhere nice. Maybe do a week long event. Meet and greets every day, kind of like a comic con. Have old players, current players. Maybe a disney-like banquet where you eat and the players walk around and take pictures with you. 

Skills contest, but include college players and even some fat old joe’s off the street. Throw a teenage boy, girl, adult man, woman and other athletes. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football That’s Pro Bowl QB Tyler Huntley to you!