Utah Football Fall Camp roster

Viewing 5 reply threads

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I found this article by KSL about the differences in rosters between 2020 and 2021 and I had no idea it was this chaotic this year (which may just be the norm).

Some things that jumped out to me:
      Maxs Tupai and Blake Kuithe aren’t on the roster. Are they injured? It didn’t mention that they graduated.
      4 QBs aren’t on the roster anymore which I found surprising but am not surprised they are leaving with the absolutely ridiculous amount of talent we have coming in.
      Chris Curry choosing number 0. Made me smile.
      I’m looking at our LB room and am just…in awe. Every single name on the roster is impressive and we are just absolutely loaded.

Do we know who is injured? I’m not sure what happened but I’ve heard RJ Hubert and Keaton Bills were hurt in Spring.

Anything else we want to highlight?

CAMP STARTS TODAY BABY.

GO UTES!!

Waybackutefan
      Ute Fan
      @waybackutefan

Interesting I thought Tupai and Kuithe we listed on the two deap in Spring. 

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Kuithe medically retired.  

Tupai is not with the team, but I haven’t found a definitive reason.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

I saw talk on Twitter last week that Tupai has retired from football.  I have yet to see any official report that confirms this.  This suggests there might be something to it.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

He almost did the same last year. I think they talked him back in. It looks like he’s made his final decision.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Yea probably for the best then if he’s been on the fence the past 2 seasons. We’ve got such incredible young talent with Fillinger and Carlton. Hopefully this will be like when Manny Bowen quit during Fall Camp and it opened the door for Devin Lloyd to emerge. 

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Yea probably for the best then if he’s been on the fence the past 2 season. We’ve got such incredible young talent with Fillinger and Carlton. Hopefully this will be like when Manny Bowen quit during Fall Camp and it opened the door for Devin Lloyd to emerge. 

Yergensen
            Ute Fan
            @yergensen

Calling my shot, Tyler Wegis may end up being the best pass rusher from the 2019 recruiting class.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

I think Jaren Kump is still recovering from some type of foot or ankle injury. OnlyU said he’s been in a boot and projected to be back before Conf play starts. Anyone know anything different? Is Kump’s recovery ahead of schedule, on or behind schedule?

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Jaren is out of the boot and making good progress. Taking it slow but the last I heard was somewhere between game 2-4 most likey. Don’t think they will rush him unless he’s way ahead of schedule.

Maxs ran into an eligibility issue and unfortunately I think he’s done. Plenty of young guys to compliment Mika though.

uteinzoobcounty
          Ute Fan
          @uteinzoobcounty

Who gets the nod Van, or Xavier 👀. Got my money on van

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Nothing against Maxs, but if I was going to pick someone on the starting lineup to be replaced it would be him. Just a ton of depth there and he hasn’t seemed all in for a while.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Blake Kuithe (DE) is medically retired per his dad on twitter. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Football Fall Camp roster