Was Clark Phillips out there last night?

Viewing 5 reply threads

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

I’m used to hearing his name and I don’t recall them calling his name last night. 

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

He was.  I watched the game this morning, and he was definitely playing in the 4th quarter.  I think they just didn’t throw his way all night.

Had one solo tackle, according to the box score.

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Biggest compliment to CP3 was the fact that they never targeted his man last night. Reminds me of the respect Jaylon Johnson had from opposing offenses.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

He was indeed out there, he just balled out so his man never even got targeted.

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

I noticed in the second half, Jonah Elliss was being used as a pass rusher, what gives? Not criticizing, it’s just that all of the alleged “experts” had him as a legacy afterthought when he signed to play here. Obviously he has talent.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

The number of true freshman contributing again this year on D is very inspiring. I was surprised when I saw that Ellis was involved in the fumble since I hadn’t heard his name since spring ball.

The Utah D is going to continue to be young and talented in 2022:

Carlton, Fillinger
        Multiple Pututau’s and Kaufusi (is he hurt? I don’t remember seeing him the last two games?
        Broughton, Matele
        Phillips in his last year before going pro

The only question marks will be how Safety (Latu, Bishop) and LB (Reid, Fury, the Calverts, etc) shakes out.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Late in the game I noticed that as well, actually my son pointed it out. I thought he was buried in the LB depth chart. I was wondering if someone was dinged up. Still, he was putting quick pressure on JD from the edge. Nice to see his versatility. His dad was an amazing player and man, if he is similar he will be awesome. Love that he uses his dad’s number.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

He was locking his guy down most the night.  Very impressive!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Was Clark Phillips out there last night?