Why is TH not being looked at by the NFL?

Viewing 7 reply threads

User Suspended
      @a2ute

TH’s efficiency numbers are off the charts – yet most NFL scouts don’t see him as NFL caliber QB  – why? 

Not a strong enough arm?  Slow-release?  what gives.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Who says he isn’t?

IamgrUTE
      Ute Fan
      @jrevans

Height maybe.  At 6’1″ he would be on the small side.  I think that would be something they look at.  Seems like majority of nfl QBs are 6’4″ or above.  Just a thought.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Wrong answer. Look at the top 10 QBs heights. It’s a myth. Brees, Wilson, hell, Murray was drafted #1 last year and he’s 5’9″.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Jackson, who many say is the MVP this year, is only 6’2″. Hintley has drawn many comparisons to him.

IamgrUTE
          Ute Fan
          @jrevans

Like I said, it was only a thought buddy.

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

And he’s only had one statistically elite season, too. Frankly I think Huntley gets drafted in the mid or later rounds, which isn’t a terrible thing. Keeps expectations lower. If he gets put on a team that gives him an opportunity I think he would make the most of it. Dude is a baller. 

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

He reminds me of Lamar Jackson. Look what he’s currently doing after sitting on the bench for a few years.

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Yeah, nothing worse than getting thrown to the wolves too early in the NFL.   Hold a clipboard and come in at garbage time for a with a decent OL for a couple years — I think that usually works out best.

2 1

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

It’s not his “height” as much as it’s his “weight” that’s holding him back.  The minimum weight NFL teams look for — for QBs — is 215.  That puts Huntley at 10-lbs too light, vis-a-vis, too fragile.

His game stats don’t scream “NFL” either.  “NFL” QBs typically have something like 3,000-yds passing, and Huntley hasn’t done that yet.  And while for THIS season, he’s on pace to hit that benchmark, I think he’ll need to ACTUALLY hit that before analysts start talking about him moving on to the next level.

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

There are some smart coaches in the NFL who appreciate Huntley’s talent. His raw numbers aren’t gaudy but he has pocket poise, is super accurate, and has some wheels. The NFL can pack a few more lbs on his frame. Utah’s offense is just too balanced and efficient for him to put up Burrow numbers. That’s good frankly. I’ve no doubt Tyler could put up some big numbers if he was asked to sling it more.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

He is. If he keeps playing like this, he will be drafted. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was on no one’s pre-season radar.  His play has put him in the mix.  If he continues to play as he has and stays healthy – I think he does get picked (probably 4th or 5th round).

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Too few stars on his 247 profile.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

How dare he play above his internet rating. The internet Guru’s spent a full 30 minutes evaluating his game film and made 2 phone calls.

Ute_Fan_79
      Ute Fan
      @utefan79

I’ve read a couple of things recently that would indicate they’re looking at him. One thing I saw mentioned that the Seahawks are interested in him and that Pete Carroll was at the UW game specifically to watch him.

salty-ute
        Ute Fan
        @salty-ute

Cool. Tyler reminds me a ton of Russell Wilson. Very accurate, very efficient and capable of extending the play with athleticism.

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

My guess is that injury history/ durability has impacted it most in that regard, but whose to say

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why is TH not being looked at by the NFL?