Zoobs are who we’ve always thought they were.

Viewing 13 reply threads

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Some zoob over on cougarboard is making up stories about UteHub, claiming that we’re a cesspool bad-mouthing the Big 12. Then I came over here…

…and nobody is saying anything about them.

Spreading lies about the University of Utah is #CougarTradition.

3 9

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

To be fair there has been a lot of bad mouthing the Big 12 on UteHub during the season and when it was announced.

12 3

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

A lot??? I must have missed that.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

To be realistic, there has not been much. Of course there is some when you are forced out of a conference into another.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

As with any fan base it’s 95% normal fans and 5% extremely loud, obnoxious, a-holes.

From what I’ve seen, Utah’s fanbase is no different. Unfortunately our 5% are REALLY loud, REALLY obnoxious, and REALLY a-holes. There’s quite a few always-online Utah fans who are absolute cringey morons, and they are sadly the first and only impression many B12 fans are seeing.

Zoobs poisoning the well doesn’t help either, but there are lots of self-inflicted wounds from a handful of online jackoffs.

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

I trash on the zoobs every chance I get.
      cry babies, cheap shots, and all around poor sports.
      and the fan base? give me a break!
      always have and always will.

I have watched the zoobs since 1970
      lets go OK STATE

7 3

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

The Big XII sucks.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

I also don’t think it is “bashing” the Big 12 when fans on here are lamenting the destruction of one of the most storied athletic conferences in the country. Would any Ute fan want to stay in the PAC 12 as it was previously constituted over the Big 12? Hell yes they would! That is not a knock on the Big 12 but I do say that I find their fans to be ever on the lookout for anyone who comes close to dissing them. They are very sensitive due to their loss of Texas and Oklahoma to greener pastures. I get it. It happened to us too.

2 1

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Bit of a miscommunication here.

The post you reference is NOT saying Ute Hub is trashing the Big 12. It’s referencing a different post on UteHub that asked what happened to Utah’s online reputation and saying it should be obvious – that so many on Twitter have been trashing the Big 12 that of course it makes Utah fans come off bad.

Interestingly, that was largely the same consensus when the master was discussed here.

Subtle, but important, difference. No claims that UteHub is taking, just that people on UteHub are frustrated by Utah getting a bad rep (largely due to Ute Twitter users)

9 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

First, F**k BYU.

Second…Utah’s reputation is fine.

Some Kansas St fans have decided Utah sucks, some BYU fans are stoking the fire and some Utah fans are asshats.

And in 2025 Kansas St will play in SLC and they will be in year 3 of BYU. I think they will think a little differently then. BYU is all nice and humble right now. Give them time. BYU is still in their “hope to convert” phase. Once BYU fan finds out normal people aren’t interested in the history of Steve Young and 1984…the Utah hate will die down.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I think if enough Utah fans are posting on the various Big XII boards with respectful attitudes towards the rest of the conference and our new opponents, we will be just fine. Sure you have some of the very worst ‘fans’ representing both Utah and BYU on the boards (as well as a few imposters) making both fan bases look bad. I just block them all.

If some so-called BYU fan (or imposter) is stating “every single Utah fan is trash” but there are a lot of us representing Utah in an intelligent thoughtful manner and praising the conference saying we look forward to new challenges, fans from other schools will see who we really are.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Sure has been nice the last decade or so not having to be exposed to the childish behaviors of zoobs. I pretty much ghosted them. That’s probably the worst thing about going to a new conference, is They So Poo Poo is in it.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

I think TCU fans really should be the barometer here. I went to the TCU-Virginia game back in the late 2000s, and had some great conversations with their fans. They expressed frustration with having been left behind when the SWC closed shop. They were glad to be in a conference with Utah which was helping them back to their road to being relevant again.

I wore my Utah gear and told all the TCU fans I was cheering for their team but Red was really Purple because there is no way I was wearing blue. They all laughed.

If I were to listen to anyone about Utah from a former conference mate it would be TCU. I never hated them the way it is so easy to do with TSPP. Sure I was upset, frustrated and angry about losses to them. But I didn’t let it ruin my life. TSPP are like a clogged toilet, when you deal with it the splash is going to make you stink.

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

The post is from 3 months ago. Why is this even being discussed??

It seems kind of trollish.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Cougarboard thinks all the Big 12 fans like them. It makes me laugh. Everyone likes the losers at the bottom of the standings. Winning brings jealousy and dislike for fan bases. I’m sure the SEC favorite fan base is Vanderbilt- least favorite Alabama.

BYU was by far the most hated team in the WAC and MWC !!

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

1. It all sunk in when I saw our home schedule for 2024. We’ve been relegated to the teenager table, and that’s not an opinion.

2. It’s OK to be disappointed. Do you honestly think K State, Ok St, and TCU are excited to replace games with Texas and Oklahoma with Utah and BYU? They know they’ve been relegated too.

3. Just because Utah nation is disappointed about the change doesn’t mean we don’t appreciate the BigXII (at least I do). There are some good football programs in our new conference and we’re going to have to fight every week just like we do now.

4. I tell my golfing buddy (huge K-State fan) to hang tight. This little charade of BYU trying to butter everyone up won’t last. Their persecution complex will set in soon enough and they’ll take their rightful place as the BigXII’s most hated school. Again, not an opinion, it’s been proven again and again.

5. I really hate that we’re rekindling this toxic rivalry. It’s toxic on both sides and tends to take good people to really dark places.

6. F BYU (see what I mean).

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Zoobs are who we’ve always thought they were.